PDA

View Full Version : CarveWright Down after less than 2 weeks of use!

Fardoche
10-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi,

I bought the CW on Sept 25th and it went down last week.

The QC Chuck broke.

I have called them here Canada and even send them a few emails but no reply at all.

Any trick or help ??

Francois
Montreal Quebec Canada

Shacky
10-06-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm pretty sure you're gonna get a lot of advice to order a RockChuck.

Fardoche
10-06-2009, 03:46 PM
I Know!!!!

I'm pretty sure you're gonna get a lot of advice to order a RockChuck.

Steven Alford
10-06-2009, 04:01 PM
In all honesty, if that is all that is wrong with the machine, I would definitely order a Rock Chuck. If I am not mistaken, if you order the QC from LHR, you have to buy it with the Z-truck, please correct me if I am wrong guys, which means that you are paying more than you need to.

You can't go wrong with the Rock. You will be VERY happy.

dbfletcher
10-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I think you might have that backwards... I think when you buy the z-truck, it comes with a QC. But I am almost sure you can buy the QC by itself.

Doug Fletcher

Steven Alford
10-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Yes, that sounds better.

WRW
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Francois

I am in canada to and they do sell the QC separate. I talked to George there and he assured me if I installed the Rock there is no problem with warrenty.
He has QC's in stock and if I remember correctly they are about 37 dollars canadian. When I ordered my Rock Ron told me he was about 2 weeks behind due to increased orders. Wonder Why
Have a great day!
Richard

PCW
10-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Now that LHR is coming out with a new chuck maybe you may have some options as to how you purchase a Z Trunk in the future.

Looking forward to seeing the new LHR chuck.

Fardoche
10-06-2009, 05:15 PM
The machine is still under warranty. It has less the 2 weeks of use.

Up to now, I'm really disappointed with CW service!!

Now that LHR is coming out with a new chuck maybe you may have some options as to how you purchase a Z Trunk in the future.

Looking forward to seeing the new LHR chuck.

Pratyeka
10-06-2009, 05:26 PM
The QC chuck is not covered by the LHR warranty.

Digitalwoodshop
10-06-2009, 07:06 PM
I have a few new QC's if your interested and a pile of bit holders. Won't be using them. My shipping and handling is a Priority Box $5.00. Saves you 10 bucks right there.

AL

unitedcases
10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
A few QC's for a good price with cheap shipping or a new Rock Chuck. I have to say I dont know which one I would pick. Yes I do.....:rolleyes:

Ike
10-06-2009, 08:06 PM
You with all the posts it was nevered asked,....what is your QC doing? Or not doing? It may need cleaning or replaced. Then where did you purchase the machine? Sears or from LHR? With 2 weeks I would go the where I purchased it and see what can be done.

Ike

Fardoche
10-07-2009, 08:18 AM
The Qc is simply broken. A piece of metal on the side broke!

Emails and voice messages remain unanswered up to this moment.

Others voicemail and email left this morning.

The service is such a crap!!!

You with all the posts it was nevered asked,....what is your QC doing? Or not doing? It may need cleaning or replaced. Then where did you purchase the machine? Sears or from LHR? With 2 weeks I would go the where I purchased it and see what can be done.

Ike

WRW
10-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi Francois
I hope this will help, George's (CarveWright Canada) cel number is 613-878-0596. In the past he has returned my calls with in a day or sooner.

Goodluck

Have a great day!
Richard

WRW
10-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi again Francois

Just talked to George your phone should be ring soon.
Hope your up and running soon.
Richard

geocan
10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi guys, This is George I just want to clarify something that may have been misinterpreted, when I was speaking with some of you I mentionned that in Canada the Rock Chuck may not affect the warranty, but this is determined case by case after discussing whatever the issue (s) may be that the customer is experiencing. I am not in a position where I can approve the use of the Rock Chuck although everything that I hear has been positive. The QC chucks along with sandpaper belts, flexshafts have never been Warranty parts and once again, I will look at each and every case separately to determine what course of action may be taken.

George

Fardoche
10-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Hello Folks

I spoke with George this morning and he manage something for my broken QC.

Thanks to George for his understanding a good service!

Francois

Ike
10-07-2009, 12:34 PM
That is great they should replace the QC this soon I can see 400+ hours and maybe needing replaced, but 2 weeks and low hours nope! I am glad you will be back to carving. But if I were you I would order a "Rock" you will need to take off the QC which mean heating up the QC.

Just don't do what I did and melt the Z truck rubber belt! Ron has a great video on how to remove the QC. He tells us to use a 1/2" steel rod and insert it into a 1/2" bit holder and insert it into the QC. I didn't have a 1/2" bit holder so I used a 1/2 socket extension and inserted it directly into the QC. Then I used my mini torch and heated up the QC, but I wasn't paying attention and went too high and melted the rubber gear belt a little bit! Still works so it wasn't too bad!

Glad to hear to have your issue resolved! Oh remember to use locktite if you just replace the QC. No locktite for the "Rock"

Ike

Pratyeka
10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
When you get your QC, check for balance by rolling it on a level surface. If it comes to a stop at the same spot everytime, it's not balanced.

Fardoche
10-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks Folks for your help and advices!

Take Care!!