PDA

View Full Version : zbrush video

TIMCOSBY
10-05-2009, 03:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzssIJW52a8&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd-QDX4IZmc&feature=channel_page
i cant believe how fast he sculps ahead in the second video.

Kenm810
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM
I just recently started dabbling in ZBrush,
Wow there's another learning curve to climb! :smile:

will george
10-05-2009, 10:31 AM
THANK YOU for this carving mpc.. I will modify th text a bit.. Sorry but I have two teachers in my family. A Masters and a PHd.. Words similar but more fitting to each.

I LOVE IT! I'm the DoDo in the carving!

I have seriously thought of getting ZBrush but I have never found a subject that explains making a height map from common clip-art and the like.

Kenm810
10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Quote; Will George, " I'm the Dodo in the carving!" --- Me too!! :razz:

Your more than Welcome to use any of my up-loads,
I just love to Share when ever I can.

TIMCOSBY
10-05-2009, 06:55 PM
THANK YOU for this carving mpc.. I will modify th text a bit.. Sorry but I have two teachers in my family. A Masters and a PHd.. Words similar but more fitting to each.

I LOVE IT! I'm the DoDo in the carving!

I have seriously thought of getting ZBrush but I have never found a subject that explains making a height map from common clip-art and the like.

and allow you to use it. that second video just blows me away at how easy he makes a head out of a ball.

jpaluck
10-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Tim,

I have been hanging around the zbrush forum for over a year now..some of the artists there are just incredible...quality and the speed. A lot of them have training in sculpture painting etc. Check out some of the stuff in their forum.

Ken - Yep definitly a learning curve check out the video on their web page about making artchetectural elements in projection master. You take the fundementals of that tutorial and apply them to making patterns.

Will - zbrush can create a heightmap but it will not make a 2d picture 2.5d/3d not aware of any program that will. 2d picture can be used as a reference to model.

TIMCOSBY
10-07-2009, 12:13 AM
he used three commands push brush, pull brush and soften brush seemed amazingly simple. i'm going to dive in when i get the cash to do so.

jpaluck
10-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Tim,

I wish it was as simple as they make it look..LOL...but you can do some amazing stuff once you get the hang of it...Download the 30 trial at www.pixologic.com

TIMCOSBY
10-07-2009, 09:51 PM
a photo on a backround layer as reference?

will george
10-09-2009, 03:25 AM
Will George here...

DANG YOU for your posts on ZBrush..!
I just purchased ZBRUSH 3.5R2 for more money than I care to mention.. Down to one meal a day for the rest of my life. My pets will still be well fed....

It is amazing what it can do (IF you know how to). I have done some programming in my day but way back when there was mostly machine language and I just love Microsofts free C#. I wrote software for testing electronic assemblies and PC boards. I gave up going Graphic stuff.. But that was back in the middle 1980's....

I think I need help on using common drawings (As in clip art and 'what I draw' in PhotoShop) and modify for height maps I want in ZBrush.

NO, I do not expect a 44 hour video to get to be there. Just a word or two on steps to use to get the clip/drawing imported and make a height map on it.

NO! You do not have to respond. We still friends I think if not. At least from my end....
I did look at your videos but a fixed object from Zbrush and not what we common folks will use.. I AM NOT A ARTIST!

And I do not hear that well so not sure what you said in the videos. Old Army Artillary here...

Just funnin' ya a bit but the general question is real.. Clip Art into ZBrush to modify.
No hate here to anybody....

jpaluck
10-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Will

A few ways you can do it. 1. Image plane option then model.2. under alpha choose import and choose your photo. Once under alpha you can use your rectangle brush and put your image on a plane then play with the brushes like inflate to give it a 2.5d look. 3. Under alpha you can choose make stencil and and put your image on a plane an sculpt from there. 4. Under alpha you can choose your image an use the make 3d setting and then sculpt from there. 5. You can use Projection Master to get your image on plane - I use projection master alot - with very good control.

There are a bunch of ways you can get your image on a plane an ready to sculpt. The key is getting your image on the plane - the easy part..then the hard part the sculpting. zbrush will not urn a 2d image to 2.5 or 3d you have to model/sculpt from your image.

The heightmap once you have some depth to your model is simple really - under alpha menu choose grab doc then choose export.

Hope this helped

TIMCOSBY
10-09-2009, 10:47 AM
my videos they came from you tube.