PDA

View Full Version : Power Fluctuation error.

shabang
05-05-2006, 04:29 AM
Everytime I use the dril tool I get this error.

It does not matter if I drill all the way through the board or not.

The thing can run for hours until it tries to cut a hole.

Any suggestions???

cmorlier
05-05-2006, 09:50 AM
That is odd. We will see if we can repeat it on our end.

cmorlier
05-08-2006, 11:32 AM
We ran a project with some drilling operations and did not have any problems.

You said that you can run for hours, without a problem. What kind of operations do you do? Rasters, vectors, or both? If you primarily do rasters, then try running some vectors, to see if they cause the power fluctuation. Circles or spirals would be ideal because they are most similar to the drill function.

We have not seen power fluctuations occur repeatably with a single operation, so I am wondering if it is combined X/Y motion that causes the problem. Rasters for the most part only move Y and Z, whereas vectors, drills, and cuts move mostly X and Y.

Another thing to verify is that you are not overloading your AC circuit. If it is not already, try putting the CarveWright machine on its own circuit and see if the problem repeats.

Let us know what you find.

shabang
05-15-2006, 07:05 PM
The machine is already on its own circuit. The only other thing that is on that circuit is the light. It is a small one at that.

The situation has gotten to the point where it will not complete 5% of any project now. It does not matter what the thing does.

shabang
05-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Just to add a bit more.

It will sometimes get to 30, 40 or somtimes 50% but once the error happens it never stops. I never get the error once or twice.

shabang
05-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Don't know if this matters or not.

Threw in a piece of wood.

Tried elk head last night.

Used same piece of wood today.

Did not change position or anything. Ran same project.

It is not carving anything since a partial elk head is started. So the thing is just going over the same spot where the partial head is and it still comes up with power fluction error.

Today it made it to 20% before it happened.

cmorlier
05-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi Shabang,

Please give us a call so we can resolve your problem.

shabang
05-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Spoke with Chris L. today.

Checked a few things out and unfortunatly it has to go back.

Don't quite know what the problem is but he would like it back to see what is going on.

So wile my frustration leads to some key banging on the keyboard at least they have great customer service.

So while I wait I'll be reading what others have to say.

Dan-Woodman
05-18-2006, 09:19 AM
I hope I never have to send mine back , I would hate to be without it now.

Jwade
05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
FROM shabang in other forum:

For a small fee I would be willing to do your work. And since we work close to one another delivery would not be a problem.
Or once you get yours back you can borrow mine and make twice as much noise

Enjoy & remember 8 is Gr8t

Well since my CW is back and in action, for a nominal fee, you can come over and hear the CW in action if you miss yours too much :cry: But you will need to wear a BEAT THE EIGHT CAR uniform. :mrgreen:

To the folks at Carvewright,: I think most of us out hear can all agree that YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BY FAR THE BEST OUT THERE :!: :!:

You all have a great product! Unless mine has another problem :lol: Just kidding. Keep up the hard work!!
Jwade

shabang
05-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Well you got me.

At least I would let you use mine. You are only offering to let me listen to the noise.

I guess I could stop by and just listen without firing up your neighbors about all that noise you are making.

But while I am there listening you think you could cut this out for me.

It may need a bit of tweaking but you will get the idea.

8 is Gr8t

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/shabbang/DEJ-RS1.jpg