PDA

View Full Version : Vector magic

skeeterman
10-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Friend of mine showed me some software called vector magic and how he converts pictures in to vectors for his waterjet machine and the water jet cuts out the project in vectors, was wondering if we could use this for the carvewright, I have it downloaded but canot figure out how to send the vector files to designer, or if i have to have pattern editer, the software is easy to use as for converting to vectors, but i dont know what to do with it, anyone out there tried this out or know anything about it
steve

dbfletcher
10-03-2009, 09:37 PM
if it can save to Adobe Illustrator files (or if you can convert to that), there is a program posted in the forum (use search) called ai2mpc that will convert vectors to carvewright vector objects.

Doug Fletcher

andes
10-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Steve,

Once you process the file, you should be at the export results. Go down were is says Bitmap Export and expand that, if it's not already. then go to were it says Filename: and next to that is were you select the file ext, just click on the down arrow. It only saves to .png/jpg/bmp/tiff file types. then click on save in that block. Or you can expand the Quick save and this will let you save to the .ai/dxf/svg/eps/pdf/emf file types. Hope this helps.

Friend of mine showed me some software called vector magic and how he converts pictures in to vectors for his waterjet machine and the water jet cuts out the project in vectors, was wondering if we could use this for the carvewright, I have it downloaded but canot figure out how to send the vector files to designer, or if i have to have pattern editer, the software is easy to use as for converting to vectors, but i dont know what to do with it, anyone out there tried this out or know anything about it
steve

skeeterman
10-04-2009, 01:44 PM
I have exported it to my pictures and to my documents as well but when i import to carvewright designer it will show up as regular picture and not the vectored image that i had exported, havent had chance to use the ai2mpc as of yet, I was just wondering if i need patern Editor to acomplish this or will just designer work.
It would be nice if vectoring was built into our carvewright software
Thanks steve

andes
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Ya' if vectorizing was built in, it would be great ;-}

Question, you are importing the graphic that has the ext vectrized (i.e Design341_vectorized)? Not sure why its not working for you, I am able to import via both designer and the editor, just sometimes I have to still clean it up abit more. Sorry my info didn't help much.

I have exported it to my pictures and to my documents as well but when i import to carvewright designer it will show up as regular picture and not the vectored image that i had exported, havent had chance to use the ai2mpc as of yet, I was just wondering if i need patern Editor to acomplish this or will just designer work.
It would be nice if vectoring was built into our carvewright software
Thanks steve

hogiewan
10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Or you can expand the Quick save and this will let you save to the .ai/dxf/svg/eps/pdf/emf file types. Hope this helps.

mine only shows eps, svg, and pdf. Do you have Illustrator installed?