PDA

View Full Version : Y and Z moter shaft bearings

jpeter14
10-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I have had problems with the Y & Z Motor Mount Assemblies several times. Most often it is the small bearings that are on the big gear shaft, they go bad.
They are about $80.00 plus shipping.
I have found a place here in Tucson Az. to get just the bearings for $2.47 ea.
You can call them and they will mail them to you, you will need a credit card.
Don't know what postage would be.
Bearing # 685-2RS Ball Bearing

Gopher Bearing S.W.
3688 So Park Ave.
Tucson, Az 85713
Ph # 520-622-3545

fwharris
10-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Could you please cross reference the CW part numbers that you are talking about??

Thanks,,,

DocWheeler
10-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Floyd,

It sounds like the bearing in the back of the gear assembly where the rear end of the shaft that has the cog-wheel that drives the belt.

This is the one that Al thought was a sleeve bearing.

If so, sounds better than having to buy the whole thing!

Digitalwoodshop
10-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Yes, that was the one that I was "WRONG" on.... Turns out there are 2 ball bearings and this number is GOOD to know as I will look into buying some.

Thanks,

AL

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/5mm/kit768

This Post has been determined to be "Controversy Safe & Politically Correct Posting".:roll: No ego's were harmed or tempers flared in the typing of this reply.

fwharris
10-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Ken,

Thanks for additional info in these. Guess that is why I could not find them in the CW parts list.. yes, they should be a lot cheaper that buying the full gear box.

Al,

As always, thanks for the pictures!!!

bdehoyos
04-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes, that was the one that I was "WRONG" on.... Turns out there are 2 ball bearings and this number is GOOD to know as I will look into buying some.

Thanks,

AL

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/5mm/kit768

This Post has been determined to be "Controversy Safe & Politically Correct Posting".:roll: No ego's were harmed or tempers flared in the typing of this reply.

has any buddy used these Ball Bearings for repairs? did they perform as expoected?

Digitalwoodshop
05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Both sources here list basically the same bearing.... 685-2RS Ball Bearing

Since I just replaced my 3rd Gear box and all machines had about 700 hours, I would recommend putting the Y Bearings on a 500 hour replacement.... Say when you change your 2nd set of Cut Motor Brushes go the extra step and replace the Y Bearings.

Once the shaft gets worn down then you need a new gear or a new gear box... Since all the new Z Bundles change outs have pretty much been done, there will be few extra gear boxes floating around. I have been using the old Z Bundle gear boxes to fix this problem.

I should pull the Z Motor on that 700 hour machine and measure the shaft looking for wear. I am thinking that due to the smaller mass of the Z Truck that the wear will be less.

Replacing the bearings before the shaft gets worn could be a very good thing....

To buy LOCAL use the following Cross Reference Numbers for the 5 mm x 11 mm x 5 mm with metal shield.

NSK Brand - 685ZZ

KOYO Brand - W685ZZ

NMB Brand - L-1150ZZ

Just remember once the shaft is worn thin, replacing the bearings won't help.... The shaft will still wobble.

AL

bdehoyos
05-10-2010, 07:10 AM
thanks for the input