PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Editor Software Directiions

qsligh
10-01-2009, 02:53 PM
There maybe a thread here somewhere, but I have not yet found it. Is there any manual of part thereof that I can print and read at my leasure regarding Pattern Editor? I was hoping the new software manual that is out for the new upgrade would devote a section to PE, but I was mistaken. I just got my probe today and is one to read before I dive in seeing that this is a big investment for me. Any pointers are surely welcome.

WRW
10-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi qsligh
Try the tips and tricks section there are couple of good articles there on the pattern editor.
http://www.carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks
Have a great day!
Richard

atauer
10-01-2009, 03:25 PM
The "Help Contents" in version 1.153 is also now working. It was added in the last update.

qsligh
10-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks Gentlemen,

Both of your suggestions were a termendous help. I now have built my file up of material to read. Once again,

Thanks,
QSligh

MarcTStanley
10-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Richard,

I just noticed your Avatar of the baby rocker, could I trouble you for the spec's on that build? My best friend is having a baby soon and would love to build one for him.

Thanks,

Marc

Steven Alford
10-05-2009, 01:58 PM
There maybe a thread here somewhere, but I have not yet found it. Is there any manual of part thereof that I can print and read at my leasure regarding Pattern Editor? I was hoping the new software manual that is out for the new upgrade would devote a section to PE, but I was mistaken. I just got my probe today and is one to read before I dive in seeing that this is a big investment for me. Any pointers are surely welcome.

There is a new software manual out??? Need to check that out.

atauer
10-05-2009, 02:03 PM
There is a new software manual out??? Need to check that out.

Steve,

I believe that the manual he is talking about has been out for a few months now. It is the only software manual we currently have.

There is now a working "Help" menu within the Pattern Editor, though. It may appear a little rough, but its a work in progress. It will continuously get tweaked and updated as needed to reflect any changes.

Steven Alford
10-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I figured that rumor was too good to be true.:rolleyes:

ddouglass
10-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Steve,

I believe that the manual he is talking about has been out for a few months now. It is the only software manual we currently have.

There is now a working "Help" menu within the Pattern Editor, though. It may appear a little rough, but its a work in progress. It will continuously get tweaked and updated as needed to reflect any changes.
All the Help Content in the Pattern Editor does is send you to the main Carvewright program manual that is still several versions behind with nothing in it about the Pattern Editor. It is a disgrace. The Tips and Tricks articles are helpful but are not a substitute for a built in manual.