PDA

View Full Version : POM - autumn leaf

weberts
10-01-2009, 01:19 PM
when I downloaded the zip file for the autumn leaf there was the PDF instructions, the oak leaf mpc but no maple leaf mpc, anyone else have this issue?

jlovchik
10-01-2009, 01:45 PM
try downloading it again.

hess
10-01-2009, 01:46 PM
when I downloaded the zip file for the autumn leaf there was the PDF instructions, the oak leaf mpc but no maple leaf mpc, anyone else have this issue?that al I got

weberts
10-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks it is there now, zip file was 2MB larger this time!

swhitney
10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Everything works OK fine..... (but we are getting used to a minor glitch or two...hehe)

DocWheeler
11-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I know, I'm behind in my carvings!

However, I had an interesting experience that I wanted to share. I scaled-down the projects to fit my wood supply of oak 1 X 10's and made the sides of the maple leaf too thin I think. It looks really nice, however while using a one-inch radial bristle disk to smooth the inside my third one, it seemed like the dust was going through the eighth-inch(+) side of the dish (end-grain).

I know that you can tell the difference between red and white oak by blowing through a piece of them, however, I found the walls of this dish were so porous that I could actually breath through it! I might have to make the interior pattern a little smaller!