PDA

View Full Version : Very impressed with Rock Chuck

Griz64
10-01-2009, 01:30 AM
I got my machine about 2 weeks ago and decided not to use until I got my Rock Chuck because of all the things I read here. I got my chuck the other day and decided to install it today. Well I had to see for myself what the difference would be so i fired it up for a quick 30 minute carve with the QC still installed. It was loud but not really any louder than any other router I have used. I then installed the RC and did the same 30 minute carve. I really have to agree with everyone else on here. It did quiet down and the difference in vibration was incredible. The quality of the cut seemed better as well. All in all I am super impressed with the product rjustice makes and sells. Thank God for people like him that are not satisfied with the way things are and do what they can to improve them. THANK YOU RJUSTICE.

Icutone2
10-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Seems to be a given as so many agree with the findings. Works for me also!
Lee

rjustice
10-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks for expressing your satisfaction Griz!

I really appreciate your business guys...

Happy Carving,

Ron

MarcTStanley
10-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Ron,

I have saved your website in my favorites and plan on purchasing one of your Rock Chuck based on the reviews of others on the page. I am going to buy my first machine in about a month when my house is finished being built!

V/R,
Marc

rjustice
10-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Ron,

I have saved your website in my favorites and plan on purchasing one of your Rock Chuck based on the reviews of others on the page. I am going to buy my first machine in about a month when my house is finished being built!

V/R,
Marc

I look forward to filling that order Marc!

Thank you for your interest!

Ron

flamesrule
10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Well after 3 weeks i finally got my ROCK.All because of Canada and there stupid customs in know means was it Ron's fault.I am happy to tell people if you are going to buy the ROCK it is worth all the money.The machine runs way more quieter,the head and flex shaft do not run hot.I did a test run for the first job on best and the quality is amazing.So i must give Ron a round of a plause cause it is worth all the money.:):):)

drwatkins
10-13-2009, 10:21 PM
I just ordered me a rock chuck and I am pleasantly surprised with the cost actually was expecting it to be higher. I've had nothing but trouble with the LHR quick chuck and was ready to pay twice as much for the rock even if it is only half as good as everyone says. I have had my machine since early June this year and have been working on it the whole time. The techs worked hard with me to find the root cause (vibrations). they sent me a new truck with a new chuck and new wheel bearings. Put all that in and have carved less than ten hours and the chuck is vibrating and it is ruining the bit adapters. So Alas I gave up on the QC and ordered the rock. I am sure I will be asking for guidance about the bit depth adjustments that I have read about in the posts but I'm looking forward to some real work out of the machine.

GRASSHOPPER
10-15-2009, 10:23 AM
I really hate to keep looking like the forum dummy but there is too much money involved here for me to let my pride get in the way. I recently received the rock chuck and the tools to change it. Is there a link with the instructions on changing them?

dbfletcher
10-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Please take a look at rjustices post #5 in this thread. In his signature he lists links one of which is a video for installing the rock. This is what I followed when I installed my two rock. I also bleive he has a post for removing stubborn qc's there.

Let us know if you have questions!

Doug Fletcher

GRASSHOPPER
10-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks. I usually don't look at signatures. I'll have to start paying attention to them.