PDA

View Full Version : Parts machine/repair for sale $500+SH

forqnc
09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi all, I have reached a crossroads in life where I need some financial aid for personal reasons. I love my CC, I had teething problems after I bought it in 2007, but these where taken care of under warranty by LHR, since then trouble free with the learning curve that goes with it. I recently bought Ron's 'Rock' chuck (package #1 1/4" chuck $149) and was very impressed. But I only got about 5 hours carve on the chuck and went out one day to carve a project and received an SD RAM error. After researching the forum I found out it is the controller board, (basically the brain that the flash card plugs into). It is a $303 part, and as much as I wish I could hope for the money to appear to fix the machine I have reached the point I need to sell as is. So what you see in the pictures is what you will receive. The cut motor from memory has around 180-200hours, been a month or two since I checked and now with the error I cannot do anything. It has been a hobby machine, bought in Feb 2007, and comes with

2 new pairs of X axis belts
10 1/2" QC adapters
2 1/4" QC adapters
1 Quick change chuck (new)
2 1/8" cutting bits
4 Carving bits
Spare 'O' rings for Brass roller

Shipping would be from 23434, but if someone local wishes to buy I am willing to deliver within reason.
Like the title says, it could be a parts machine for someone who has several or if someone can afford the $303 controller card they could have a machine for $800.

forqnc
09-29-2009, 07:39 PM
more pictures

Ike
09-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Sorry to hear about the issues, check your pm I am very interested!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear about your machine.

Ike, Enjoy the machine for your carving business. My machine #3 was Ike's.

AL

Ike
09-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I just don't get it !. Was your above remark/reply a dig toward Ike ? I for one could care less who you purchased your 3rd. machine from. I bought 2 basket case machines for spare parts...and I don't think anyone on this forum could give a rats behind who the two people are that I purchased them from. I don't know ...maybe I'm just having a bad day and I read into your reply a little more then the pun it was intended to be. :p

Wow you must be having a bad day! Al is the one with several machines and is usually the first to scoop up any bargains. As he wrote he bought my #2 CC I had 2 and at the time Al wanted another machine and I wanted a new CW so I sold Al my #2 CC (the working machine and kept #1 the non working)

So it wasn't any dig at me or really anything other then is most likely surprised to see me wanting the machine.

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
09-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Ike and I go way back. He was giving up on the CW and sold me his #2 unit and since then he has had great success with his new machine along with his Soda Business. This machine will be a great backup for him in his Mobile sign business doing the county fair markets up and down the CA Coast.

My remark was not intended to be a negative remark, but a pat on the back for another carving business.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way. As a Chief Petty Officer in the Navy it was not my job to be popular, just a Technical Adviser and Leader. I learned long ago to have a thick hide for criticism.

Carve On, Rock On

AL:mrgreen:

Digitalwoodshop
09-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow you must be having a bad day! Al is the one with several machines and is usually the first to scoop up any bargains. As he wrote he bought my #2 CC I had 2 and at the time Al wanted another machine and I wanted a new CW so I sold Al my #2 CC (the working machine and kept #1 the non working)

So it wasn't any dig at me or really anything other then is most likely surprised to see me wanting the machine.

Ike

We replied at the same time.... GOOD LUCK with your business... Getting this machine is a very positive business move. If you get a mechanical problem you just swap the computer and you are back up and running with the other machine.

Good to see your business GROW.

PCW
09-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Just means we may see Ike more often and that's a good thing.:mrgreen:

Ike I know it's hard to check in when you are on the road alot but I do enjoy seeing you when you do.

Ike
09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
We replied at the same time.... GOOD LUCK with your business... Getting this machine is a very positive business move. If you get a mechanical problem you just swap the computer and you are back up and running with the other machine.

Good to see your business GROW.

Thanks Al not sure if it going to work out, but I will let you know! I saw that last night and thought I have that part! It has the "Rock" and I think I will get it! I just hope the economy picks up soon! Just came back from my last festival call the Candy Dance in Genoa Nev. the first settlement in Nev. I was down few hundred dollars, it for working 9 am. to 5 pm. Sat. and Sun I had about 50 orders! I hand routed most of them, I left my Moly lube at home and couldn't find anymore and my flex shaft was HOT!

I finally installed my "Rock" and like a dummy while heating up the QC to break the locktite I started to melt the belt that controls the Z axis! The good thing it melted a couple teeth, but works!

Shoot my K2 is still sitting on the bench and never has been used! Anyway thanks again Al and Kenrik, hope your day gets better!

Ike

Ike
09-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Just means we may see Ike more often and that's a good thing.:mrgreen:

Ike I know it's hard to check in when you are on the road alot but I do enjoy seeing you when you do.

Why thank you Dan I really appreciate that!! I can't convince my wife to get wireless for the road. I could have 4G with Sprint but it is costly! Hey I just remembered my middle boy who just became a daddy just got a job at Sprint!

I guess it has been a while my oldest son who's gave me my first grand daughter who you see in my avatar. Well his wife did is pregnant again! So I am waiting for my 3rd grandbaby!!! I am getting so old!

Thanks again for the kind words and here is a photo of my grandson Zeke! (Ezekiel Adin) And mom and dad!

Ike

Dang my internet is slow today!

jpaluck
09-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Damn Ike always causing controversy...Better get your 15 orders finsihed.

Digitalwoodshop
09-30-2009, 01:44 PM

That is my problem too.... I still have not started the orders from Labor Day.... Still doing Fire Tags.... Haven't even unboxed the new machine... Just stirring up trouble here on the forum....

:DAL
:rolleyes:

Ike
09-30-2009, 02:10 PM

Lol John you freaked me out, I thought how the heck did he know I have 15 signs to finish? Then I remembered we talked to each other on the phone last night!! Man I am getting old and losing it!

And it is Al's fault causing the controversy I am the victim!!!

Ike

Deolman
09-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Ike, you're not really getting old yet. I am several great-grand kids more than your grand-kids. lol

Ike
09-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Ike, you're not really getting old yet. I am several great-grand kids more than your grand-kids. lol

Wow I can't wait for great grandkids!! Lord willing I will be around for it, just turned 46 and I look and feel much older! Can't wait for my third, we didn't think it was going to happen. My daughter in law had a miscarriage and when she went to the Dr. for a follow up she was still pregnant. So she had twins and lost one. Very sad and still happy all in one. Still I can't wait!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
10-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Ike,

Congratulations too on 25 years of being married!!!!

Your doing something right !!!

2:30 AM and I am done for the night... Shipping day tomorrow... I mean today...:mrgreen:

AL

forqnc
10-01-2009, 06:44 AM
Wow talk about Hi jacking a thread :roll: :p

Sorry Ike, but co-worker bought the machine, had I have know I would never have posted here and built up anyone's hopes.
Good Luck with the Sign business and best wishes for you and your family.

forqnc
10-01-2009, 11:03 AM
My humble apologies for participating in the terrorist hijacking of your thread. In the future I will try to reserve my replies to the matter contained within the thread. :p Sorry to hear that you had to sell your machine. I hope things work out for you.

:)

I'm looking at it as taking a sebastial leave for awhile. I will get another in the future, and will still be checking in here to keep up with what's going on.

Ike
10-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Wow talk about Hi jacking a thread :roll: :p

Sorry Ike, but co-worker bought the machine, had I have know I would never have posted here and built up anyone's hopes.
Good Luck with the Sign business and best wishes for you and your family.

Thanks anyway and as you know almost all the threads get off topic and usually rolls back around. I am happy we can enjoy each others lives along with sharing CW topics!

Take care

Ike