PDA

View Full Version : HELP Machine is Carving Pattern in different areas

Tacis
09-29-2009, 04:22 PM
I have attached the pattern and pictures of the two attempt to do this carving. It did come out correct once. Any ideas? I had a six hour carve that it did the same thing on. It is like some teeth got stripped.

Digitalwoodshop
09-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Looks like OAK and looks like a dull bit... The strings of grain on the leading edge of the cut. A dull bit can cause the Y or left to right to skip teeth... A BAD QC will give this same effect as the bit fluter's around....

New bit
Buy a Rock
Carve ON... Rock ON...

AL

Edit...

Only 12 posts?..... How many cut hours on your machine? Could be a loose bearing or something like the spindle damper missing?

PCW
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Al,

You can see where the problem starts there is a burning in the wood. Lost a few steps in the process.

Tacis
09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Al and Dan:

Machine has 237 hours on it. I was concerned about the bit. This bit has 49 hours on it. I do have the RC. Thanks for the reply. I found a couple of chipped teeth on the " idler" gear on the Y Axis. I am now getting a constant z axis error after pulling the gear off and replacing

PCW
09-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Is it a a constant z or y axis error?

Tacis
09-29-2009, 07:46 PM
The first couple of times it would home, measure the board, have me change the bit and then throw the z axis error. It now will just immediately throw a z axis error 308. I found a pinch on the ribbon coming off of the Z motor. I am wondering if this may be the cause.