PDA

View Full Version : Brass roller for board measure not working?

Azbear
09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
I've read almost everything this forum search can find and would really appreciate some extra help as my frustration is hindering my continuing.

I kept getting "brass roller 304"(I think?) fault. Replaced board with many other boards. Same same. Went through sensor check. I had a back comression roller issue and cleared that. I went to roller sensor check. It was a zero and stayed there while spinning roller. Had a spare brass roller assembly and put it in. It also stayed at zero. The guy at LHR wants $25 to help me out.

Any suggestions?

cnsranch
09-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Does the roller still have the rubber o-ring on it?

PCW
09-29-2009, 03:16 PM
The only thing I can offer and it's not much is to make sure the connectors for the board tracking encoder are connected good. You don't hear about a board tracking encoder failing.

I wouldn't even know the proper way to diagnosing the encoder. Maybe if you have a volt/ohm meter you could ohm out the sensor or verify the current to it is present.

The consent zero reading is not good.

hogiewan
09-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Which version of the software/firmware are you using? The new version supposedly fixes some sort of brass roller error.

PCW
09-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Board tracking sensor's do fail ! That is just of the many components I have had to replace on my carvewright.

kenrik,

Do you remember what procedure LHR had you do to diagnose the problem. Sensor check has verified a problem but did LHR offer any other type of test other than the sensor check to verify the problem with the encoder?

May help alot of people down the road.

Azbear
09-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Does the roller still have the rubber o-ring on it?

Yes. The oring is still on the roller.

I used the "Al" on the board edge as well. I did the sensor check in place, then with it loose in my hand. After I connected my spare brass roller assembly, I checked again with it in my hand. The display stayed at zero.

Azbear
09-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Which version of the software/firmware are you using? The new version supposedly fixes some sort of brass roller error.

Using 1.152.

Digitalwoodshop
09-29-2009, 06:11 PM
I would first look at the sensor data for every sensor to be sure it is not a data buss problem.... cover switch, rollers, Z Motor, Cut Motor.... All OK then look for a loose cable, the big ones too...

I took the day off and I am in my recliner so I am not sure what the brass roller looks like on sensor data... There might also be a X Encoder listed and that is the X Motor encoder that drives the sand paper belts.... Look at the other sensors... Brass Roller? and rotate it manually.

This may be crazy but since the machine is software driven then format the card, reload the software....

AL.