PDA

View Full Version : repair needed in Georgia

goodall
09-29-2009, 11:02 AM
My carvewright machine is in need of repair. Does anyone know of a repair person around the Atlanta area or north Georgia? I would rather take it to someone than send it off to the great unknown!

cnsranch
09-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Depending on the problem, and your comfort with doing some repairs, you can buy parts from LHR and fix it yourself - otherwise, it's off to Texas.

Creekwood
09-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Where in N Georgia do you live, I live in the Helen area. Does not mean I can fix your problem but it would be nice to meet some CW owners nearby

goodall
09-30-2009, 08:51 AM
We are in Canton, south of you in Helen. The problem with our machine is it will not move the workpiece correctly. It seems as if the gears are not biting and the belt is slipping.

bjbethke
09-30-2009, 09:32 AM
We are in Canton, south of you in Helen. The problem with our machine is it will not move the workpiece correctly. It seems as if the gears are not biting and the belt is slipping.

You may have some teeth missing on your X gear drive. Here is a PDF on how to fix that.

Rick P
10-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I just had the same problem and today received the X-Gear Assembly Plate from CW...the install instructions are on the CW website...I attached a picture which shows the white plastic gear that can lose teeth and cause the belt to NOT move or move erratically.

Marion Pearson
10-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Where in N Georgia do you live, I live in the Helen area. Does not mean I can fix your problem but it would be nice to meet some CW owners nearby

I live close to you and my machine keeps flashing up power fluctuation and stops what do I need to do Marion

Digitalwoodshop
10-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Marion,

Like I said in our phone call, drop me an email if you can's find the pictures.

Good Luck,

AL