PDA

View Full Version : bit sensing plate problem

Rick P
09-28-2009, 09:39 PM
The small bit sensing plate that swings out so the bit can come down and touch it was not coming out all the way. The bit was not able to touch the plate.

Is there a common or most likely cause for this problem??

c6craig
09-28-2009, 09:43 PM
It's usually just got some dust in the spring. Blow it out real good. If that doesn't do it, put a rag underneath it and give the spring a quick shot of WD40, then wipe it down good. Work the bit plate back and forth a few times to work the WD40 in good. Just make sure to use the rag so you dont get the WD40 where you don't want it.

Always worked for me, anyone else is welcome to jump in...

Thanks,
Craig

dbfletcher
09-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Sometimes the cut motor wires in the back also get in the way and dont allow the truck to move all the way over to the bit plate. With the machine off, move the truck back and forth with your hand.. you should be ableto extend the bit plate with little effort. make note of any places where there seems to e drag and check for obstructions.

Doug Fletcher

pkunk
09-28-2009, 10:05 PM
When mine doesn't swing out all the way (I wish for my old machine -before that contraption), I spray a little dry lube on the area where it contacts the truck. Wax would work, too.

AskBud
09-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Here is an old post of mine that may help.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=103335&postcount=2

SteveEJ
09-29-2009, 03:24 AM
Clean around the spring, lube it with dry lube or wd-40. Make sure you put a rag under it to keep from dripping on belts, etc. work it back and forth. I make it part of a startup ritual. I haven't had a problem since I started doing the little routine..

Hope this helps.

Rick P
09-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Do you have to take the side panel off to get to the spring?

AskBud
09-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Do you have to take the side panel off to get to the spring?

The Spring (Part # 85) is on the shaft/screw for the Plate. I see no reason the remove anything.
Have you gone through my/our check-list?
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=103335&postcount=2
AskBud