PDA

View Full Version : z stall

papawbummie
09-28-2009, 07:27 PM
I keep getting z slall mesage.The machine goes through the measure
and load bit and after it finish touching the bit plate it starts beak to keyboard side and then stops after two inches and gives the message "z stall". Anyone have and idea to fix. Thanks,Bert

dbfletcher
09-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Make sure the little plastic peice by the brass roller doesnt have a hole drilled thru it. If it does, you can fix with a little 5 min epoxy. If you are facing the keypad... it is the side on the right. The trangle on the left of that plastic peice is open.

Doug Fletcher

edit:. Are you saying it doesnt make it over to the brass roller side and give a z-stall while moving on the y axis??

papawbummie
09-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks ,Doug. for the reply.Yes it does not make it back to the brass roller side.The z truck goes through the measurement and i load the bits and it move s and touch the bit plate fine,when it starts back over it gives z slall after going through all checks. Thought it may be software related. updated to new version. Thanks.,Bert

fwharris
09-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Bert,

Also check the encoder disk inside the back of the Z motor. Some have reported that cleaning out the dust in it has cleared the z stall problem. Use low low volume air to blow it out..

dbfletcher
09-28-2009, 07:56 PM
The thing that really confuses me thou is it is giving a z stall during y travel. I know i haven't seen that before... but I guess it is possible. Anyone else run in to this???

Doug Fletcher