PDA

View Full Version : Impressed and a question

Griz64
09-28-2009, 05:18 PM
I ordered my Rock chuck on Sept 24 and got it today (Sept 28). I can't wait to install it because I have heard so many good things about it. I got my machine about 2 weeks ago and I have been putting off doing anything with it until I got the RC cuz I didn't even want to mess with something inferior. Here is my question which is a little late, but can I use the scanning probe with the Rock Chuck or am I going to have to play switchy-changey? Looking forward to your feedback and thanks in advance.

dbfletcher
09-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Yes, you can use the scanning probe. Just mke sure you just 'snug" the rock chuck on the probe... otherwise you can crush the probe. I beleive there are posts which say very slowly turn the rock locking screw until the probe wont slide.. you just want to hold it in place.

Doug Fletcher

PS. You will need to remove the probe tip fom the qc adapter.

eromran
09-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes just take the adapter off top probe and probe will slide into chuck no probeleme.(Sorry)

AskBud
09-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I ordered my Rock chuck on Sept 24 and got it today (Sept 28). I can't wait to install it because I have heard so many good things about it. I got my machine about 2 weeks ago and I have been putting off doing anything with it until I got the RC cuz I didn't even want to mess with something inferior. Here is my question which is a little late, but can I use the scanning probe with the Rock Chuck or am I going to have to play switchy-changey? Looking forward to your feedback and thanks in advance.

Here is a post from RJustice:
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=98929&postcount=53
AskBud

rjustice
09-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks Bud for looking that up. One other thing to add... When you remove the QC bit adapter from the Probe, you will likely have burrs kicked up from the setscrews. Simply take a fine file, and carefully remove the burrs so that the stem slides up into the Rock chuck.
Again, make sure you lightly tighten up the clamp screw, as you are tightening up on plastic, and you only need to get it tight enough to not slip during scanning.

Ron

Griz64
09-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Thank you one and all for your responses. You guys are great. I will be installing it on Wednesday and am anticipating great things. Thanks again.