PDA

View Full Version : Stations of the Cross

trplbogie
09-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Has anyone carved the Stations of the Cross series. If so how did they turn out, what type of wood etc. Would like to know before purchasing patterns

Thanks

eromran
09-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Has anyone carved the Stations of the Cross series. If so how did they turn out, what type of wood etc. Would like to know before purchasing patterns

ThanksSorry for bad picture but it will give you some kind of idea.Here is a picture of one carve in just pine about 5 minutes of sanding -oak stain rubbed off. The picture is before any poly or any thing applied to top. Im coating them all with 2 part epoxy for a outside clock. The one in the picture is 10" high .75 thick

William Blankenship
09-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Sorry for bad picture but it will give you some kind of idea.Here is a picture of one carve in just pine about 5 minutes of sanding -oak stain rubbed off. The picture is before any poly or any thing applied to top. Im coating them all with 2 part epoxy for a outside clock. The one in the picture is 10" high .75 thick

That turned out very well. I have been thinking of carving these. I just have too much in front of them right now. I'm happy to find out they carve so well, at least this one did. I'm sure the rest will. Share when you can.

Bill..