PDA

View Full Version : Error 203

tbcm
04-30-2006, 11:48 AM
I get an error 203 Y axis exceeded.

My project is attached, any suggestions

Dan-Woodman
04-30-2006, 03:26 PM
possiblely the width of your project is too much ( at 14.750) for the head to move that far and have space to cut the project. later Daniel

tbcm
04-30-2006, 03:43 PM
i get the error when finding the bit on the right side, it comes down beside the board and then tries to move further to the right. my cuts should be in far enough, Specs say CW should handle a 15" board, but i can only get in a 14.75. I even tried to bring it down to a 14.25 board but still same error

cmorlier
05-01-2006, 09:34 AM
We recently identified this problem on our end. For accurate board thickness measurement, the machine touches the bit to the sliding plate. The problem is that on a maximum width board, the bit cannot get far enough to the right to touch the squaring plate. It tries to, but then generates the "Y Axis Range Exceeded" error you reported.

More recent versions of the manual have been updated as far as the maximum width, and I think it is currently listed as 14.5". We will update the manual to reflect the maximum width of a board that is cuttable; I don't know right now how wide this is, but I seem to recall it was at least 14" (I will check into this and update the thread when I know more). We will also make the firmware provide a more useful error message when it encounters this condition.