PDA

View Full Version : HELP! No Project Option

c6craig
09-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi All -

I just got my other machine back together. LHR tested my power supply and controller box, said power supply was good controller was not. They sent me back the power supply and a new controller box. This was to resolve a "power fluctuation error" that I couldn't get rid of.

Now when I power the machine on it goes to the "Accessory Menu" instead of "Project Menu" like it should.

I have tried power cycling, reformatting card, creating a new project, and reuploading it to the card. Pressing stop does nothing, nor do any other buttons except "0 Options" . I went in there and did sensor checks and whatnot, then tried power cycling again....still nothing.

Anything I can do?? Is there something I have to reset from the new controller box?

Thanks,
Craig

mtylerfl
09-27-2009, 04:22 PM
This should be an easy fix...the machine wants you to set the scanning probe accessory configuration (even if you do not own the probe)

If you have the "new" Z-Pak...

After you put your card in the machine, turn the machine on. It should say “Scan Area”. Press “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of Z truck.

After setting, turn off the machine, wait for the LCD to go blank, then turn on the power again - everything should now be "normal".

c6craig
09-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks SO much Michael, that did the trick. I knew it would be something just over my head, but it saves me from having to fight the infamous LHR tech support call...

That fixed me right up, and I am running a test carve now.

Thanks again,
Craig

mtylerfl
09-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Good deal! Glad that helped.

c6craig
09-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Yah Baby!!!

Between Michael's help and LHR's willingness to test multiple parts for me to find the problem, I have finally completed the first carve on this machine in 3 months!!

I've said it before - but you just can't beat the help and people on this forum!!

Now I have lots of boards prepped for lots of projects, it's time to play some catch up :D

Thanks to all,
Craig