PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go AAAAAAAAAAAA

robbrigg2
09-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Well, here is my first serious attempt at a pierced carving. All was going fantastic... I was actually getting phyched when I saw all the detail that was emerging on this cheap piece of birch ply, and I started to think ahead to what it would look like on a nice piece of hardwood... then wump the z-truck stopped dead in it's tracks and can not be budged for anything..... so this is what I am left with (pic 2) and another call is necessary for LHR in the a.m.

Why.... does anyone have a clue? This machine is as adictive as Crack and as troubling as well.....

geekviking
09-26-2009, 12:08 AM
That you're down.
That is a beautiful pattern though!
Would you be willing to share it?

robbrigg2
09-26-2009, 12:36 AM
That you're down.
That is a beautiful pattern though!
Would you be willing to share it?

I will put this pattern up in the a.m. it is very large (in order to get the detail) so I will have to scale it down... don't know what it will do to the details but I am willing to give it a try.. or if you want send my a private message and I will email you the whole file.

THanks
Robert

hogiewan
09-26-2009, 07:12 AM
I will put this pattern up in the a.m. it is very large (in order to get the detail) so I will have to scale it down... don't know what it will do to the details but I am willing to give it a try.. or if you want send my a private message and I will email you the whole file.

THanks
Robert

If you are going to share, PLEASE don't scale it down as it will kill some of the detail.

robbrigg2
09-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Here ya go guys. I hope you enjoy it as I know I will when I get this infernal problem solved.... Does anyone have any experience with thsi type of situation?

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1e8667e1e63d955fd6baebe61b361f7ce04e75f6 e8ebb871

robbrigg2
09-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Here is one more I did that was going to be next on the carving list. I don't think it would work for a pierced carving but I will let you all make your own choice but here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1e8667e1e63d955fd6baebe61b361f7ce04e75f6 e8ebb871

robbrigg2
09-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Ok, after looking through the threads it becomes apparent that I have a y-axis jam of the z-truck..... need to get this nomenclature down...

so with that does ANYONE have a suggestion?

liquidguitars
09-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Add 3.5" or bigger tails in Designer "see image" and choose no "02" not to stay under the rollers as you added it in the blueprint in the first place.

Your carving should work a little better now..

Sleds can also save wood.

Try setting your pattern up to looky like this..

robbrigg2
09-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Add 3.5" or bigger tails in Designer "see image" and choose no "02" not to stay under the rollers as you added it in the blueprint in the first place.

Your carving should work a little better now..

Sleds can also save wood.

Try setting your pattern up to looky like this..

Thanks LG, but the problem I am having is my Z-truck is stuck on the left side of the machine now. Do you know anything I can try before calling in to LHR monday? I really want to get back carving.

DocWheeler
09-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Rob,

I think that there was confusion here because the Z-axis is up/down and the Y-axis is front/back (which I think is what you are calling left/right).

You can tell if there is any signal to the Y truck by noting the difference in the force required to move it by hand with the machine powered on or off (wait a minute before testing after turning it off). If there is no difference then it would probably be electrical.

You might want to see if the encoder is full of dust on the back of the Y motor.

robbrigg2
09-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Rob,

I think that there was confusion here because the Z-axis is up/down and the Y-axis is front/back (which I think is what you are calling left/right).

You can tell if there is any signal to the Y truck by noting the difference in the force required to move it by hand with the machine powered on or off (wait a minute before testing after turning it off). If there is no difference then it would probably be electrical.

You might want to see if the encoder is full of dust on the back of the Y motor.

Thanks Doc,

I have tried everythign (accept the encoder) but the truck will not move front to back at all. It is simply stuck. There is no give in either front or back direction. It will move up and down just fine.

GrammaPam
09-27-2009, 06:00 PM
It seems obvious, the machine was so impressed with what it had just done, it stopped to admire it.
Actually, sorry for your problem, it is beautiful.
G.P.

DocWheeler
09-27-2009, 06:03 PM
robbrigg2,

If the Y truck will not move, you can trace the problem by removing the Y belt. there is a shoulder bolt with a spring in the back of the machine (need the back off) that screws into the idler assembly and a machine screw on the top of the idler assembly (easier with the top off).

With the belt off, you should be able to determine what the problem is (motor/electronics or the truck itself).

robbrigg2
09-27-2009, 06:39 PM
robbrigg2,

If the Y truck will not move, you can trace the problem by removing the Y belt. there is a shoulder bolt with a spring in the back of the machine (need the back off) that screws into the idler assembly and a machine screw on the top of the idler assembly (easier with the top off).

With the belt off, you should be able to determine what the problem is (motor/electronics or the truck itself).

Thanks Doc....

I will be going to Louisiana tomorrow a.m. for a church conference and will not be able to try it till Friday, but I will definitely do it...

Pam,

Thanks for the compliment... I really like that pattern. I have a quite a few more similar that I am working with and will post the ones that seem to work best. Just incase someone wants it.. Here is a fancy heart pattern I just got done playing around with... don't know how I will use it yet but I know it will come in handy. I also added a few western patterns

Again... thanks

Robert

hogiewan
09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks Doc....

I will be going to Louisiana tomorrow a.m. for a church conference

Where in LA are you headed?

robbrigg2
09-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Where in LA are you headed?

I am going to Leesville (right next to Fort Polk). I am a pastor in Pasadena Texas (right next to Houston).

geekviking
09-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Rob, for the pattern!
I sure hope you get your CW ironed out and back up & running. :(

You're a Pastor?
Cool, what Denom? (if any?)

robbrigg2
09-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Rob, for the pattern!
I sure hope you get your CW ironed out and back up & running. :(

You're a Pastor?
Cool, what Denom? (if any?)

Non Denom penticostal.

Your welcome, I have a bunch of patterns that I am working on that I think people will enjoy. I think I will be able to get it up and running in a day or so but I have to wait until I get back to do it. Good thing I am only 15 minutes from LHR.

Did you try the pattern yet? I would like to see it when you get it done.

geekviking
09-28-2009, 02:15 PM
run it today, if I can squeeze it in! :)
I sure will post pics when it comes out, as well as finished.
Thanks again, and God bless.

twiceretired
09-29-2009, 11:00 AM
robbrigg2 that’s really good looking, can’t wait to see the finished product. I wish you well in getting your machine working again. I wished our pastor would do wood working or something. 48 hrs of preparation ( 1 hr for every min of sermon) leads to a boring Sunday Morning.

robbrigg2
10-02-2009, 11:25 AM
robbrigg2 that’s really good looking, can’t wait to see the finished product. I wish you well in getting your machine working again. I wished our pastor would do wood working or something. 48 hrs of preparation ( 1 hr for every min of sermon) leads to a boring Sunday Morning.

Thanks for the compliment.... I veiw everything I do in life as perparation. Beside I know of another man in the Bible that was a carpenter LOL....

robbrigg2
10-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Ok, as promised I wanted to get back to the folks that provided in-put into this original problem and let you know that I got the machine up and running again.

It turned out to be the z-truck had slipped the rails and was not square thus it jammed. Took a little TLC but I got it all running smoothe again. However I do still have one issue someone might know about.

ON set up of a project when checking the board thickness I get as far as the bit check where it touches the guide bar to ensure depth and then get a z-stall error 309. I am able to move the bar slightly to the right to ensure the bit does not touch it and it tricks the machine into operation but I don't think this is a good fix for the situation. DOes anyone have any insight into why this is? I did not start having the trouble until the last update could it be a bug?

THanks in advance.

Bowengg
11-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Man that is awesome!! How did it turn out after you got back up?

Gordon

Well, here is my first serious attempt at a pierced carving. All was going fantastic... I was actually getting phyched when I saw all the detail that was emerging on this cheap piece of birch ply, and I started to think ahead to what it would look like on a nice piece of hardwood... then wump the z-truck stopped dead in it's tracks and can not be budged for anything..... so this is what I am left with (pic 2) and another call is necessary for LHR in the a.m.

Why.... does anyone have a clue? This machine is as adictive as Crack and as troubling as well.....

robbrigg2
11-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Man that is awesome!! How did it turn out after you got back up?

Gordon

Hey Gordon,

To be honest I haven't finished the carve.... I had my machine in LHR support for almost 2 weeks and got back logged on some orders. I wanted to try to finish it this weekend. Check back here on Monday and I will try to post a picture.

Robert