PDA

View Full Version : Eraser Tool?

RobertP
04-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Would there ever be a possibility of an eraser tool to help cleanup imported images? I have been trying to import some hard shapes that I made in Photoshop and Corel, but when they are imported into the CW software the edges come out jagged. An eraser tool could help with this type of thing.

05-01-2006, 10:45 AM
This won't help with erasing in the CW software but it might help overall.
In photoshop you can increase the resolution making the dot size small enough that it eliminates this issue.

Go to "IMAGE" dropdown in Photoshop, look for "IMAGE SIZE" on the list, open the control and change the "RESOLUTION", photoshop defaults at 72 dpi, not high at all, anywhere from 300 to 600 dpi shold eliminate this issue. It will however change your file size substancially so be careful, watch the number above on the same page as you change dpi, and it will display the differance in the file as the change is made. Hope this helps.

yenne
05-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Would there ever be a possibility of an eraser tool to help cleanup imported images?
Yes, we are working on a pattern editor that will be released about the time that we launch the scanner attachment. It will have such a tool.

zack
05-01-2006, 10:08 PM
and that would be................ :?:

RobertP
05-01-2006, 10:16 PM
This won't help with erasing in the CW software but it might help overall.
In photoshop you can increase the resolution making the dot size small enough that it eliminates this issue.

Go to "IMAGE" dropdown in Photoshop, look for "IMAGE SIZE" on the list, open the control and change the "RESOLUTION", photoshop defaults at 72 dpi, not high at all, anywhere from 300 to 600 dpi shold eliminate this issue. It will however change your file size substancially so be careful, watch the number above on the same page as you change dpi, and it will display the differance in the file as the change is made. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I will give that a try.

RobertP
05-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Would there ever be a possibility of an eraser tool to help cleanup imported images?
Yes, we are working on a pattern editor that will be released about the time that we launch the scanner attachment. It will have such a tool.

Thanks Britt, any idea on a timeframe for the scanner? Please dont tease us. :lol:

Dan-Woodman
05-02-2006, 03:30 PM
What I would like to know is what is a scanner attachment. and does it go on the machine or in the software. If it does'nt go on the machine what kind of attachments do go on the two accessory ports. later Daniel