PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright Club ?

jjack9485
09-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I can't find any info on the carvers club, I guess I joined it too quick. Called LHR same old thing,no human to talk to, "please hold all operators are busy",hold, hold, hold.

Is there a special link to the Carvers Club? Will assistance be readably available?
Will you be able to get assistance online? Preferential treatment. I just want to know what all do you get for joining. If you don't have to wait for hours or days for help it would be worth it.

jack

atauer
09-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Jack,

The CarversClub is an exclusive club for CarveWright and CompuCarve owners. With the annual membership fee, club members will receive exclusive promotions every month of the year, as well as FREE phone support and 25% OFF all labor costs for repairs. The monthly exclusive sales include: discounts on software features and accessories, discounts on new hardware upgrades, free patterns and projects, and much more. Every month is a new special!

mtylerfl
09-24-2009, 03:21 PM

http://woodworkerszone.com/igits/blo...ogcategoryid=3 (http://woodworkerszone.com/igits/blog.php?u=577&blogcategoryid=3)

Alex
CW/CC Customer Service Technician

Hey Alex - I did what you said - "checked out your blog". Your wife's mirror project looks great so far!

jjack9485
09-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Jack,

The CarversClub is an exclusive club for CarveWright and CompuCarve owners. With the annual membership fee, club members will receive exclusive promotions every month of the year, as well as FREE phone support and 25% OFF all labor costs for repairs. The monthly exclusive sales include: discounts on software features and accessories, discounts on new hardware upgrades, free patterns and projects, and much more. Every month is a new special!
Thanks Alex,

atauer
09-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Your welcome Jack. That's the reason the forum is here, is for you guys to get as much information on things as you possibly can.

MAX COX
09-24-2009, 07:42 PM
I haven't been following forum lately but was wondering if the beta users were not supposed to have lifetime techinal support. I may have been daydreaming, i don't know.

lhanner
09-24-2009, 09:43 PM
What is the cost of the carvewright club, and how do I join?

fwharris
09-24-2009, 10:57 PM
What is the cost of the carvewright club, and how do I join?

Lon,

Here is a link to it.

http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=19788&cat=273&page=1

Rick P
09-24-2009, 11:25 PM
I joined the CarversClub on 9-21-2009, but have NOT had any type of response from Carvewright. I thought I might get some sort of welcome email or some kind of confirmation. Hopefully I will get some acknowledgement soon.

Kenm810
09-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Hey Rick,

I signed about the same time, you should have received a comformation Email something like this from CarveWright within a few minutes.
Give them a Call or Email to see what happened.

Welcome to the CarversClub!

"Members Only! For signing up before the end of Sept. you get a free Halloween Pattern! Welcome to the Club.

Download:

Browse to ************* to download your pattern.

Licensing:

When you activated your CarversClub Membership your account was setup with the license for this pattern.
You will need to associate the license with your computer by following these instructions:

If you have internet access on the computer being registered, this is very easy:

1) In the CarveWright Designer, select "Manage Licenses" from the Help menu.

2) Press the "Update Licenses" button.

3) Follow the prompts, and you will be given the option to associate the project with this computer.
Note:If you have already associated this project with two computers, you will not be given this option.

If you do not have internet access on the computer you want to activate, do the following:

1) On a computer with internet access, log on to your registration account at ****************.

2) Under the "Your Licenses" table, associate the computer you want to activate with the project.

3) At the bottom of the "Your Licenses" table left-click the "Download license file" link, and choose the save option.

4) When prompted save your license file to a floppy disk or thumb drive.

5) Take the disk or drive to the computer you want to activate.

6) Open the CarveWright Designer, and select "Manage Licenses" from the Help menu."

Jeff_Birt
09-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Email like this will often get caught in your spam filter...

Rick P
09-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Ken,
I received NO email like you did.

I have received emails in the past from CW. I don't have anyway to check on email that gets stopped by a SPAM filter.

I guess I will have to call CW to check on my membership.

hess
09-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Problem with the club (i did join)
is that the same old problem plague CW. Email never get answered phone call dont get though or not returned

If the main reason for this is support then CW has to do something to improve our access to that support. Sure the patts are nice but most of us do or own labor 25 % off parts is ok

so what we get is a discount and a pat come on boys (cw) I know this is new but lets get the phones and email fixed as will as the newsletter

I got 2 since jan. never got the one that tell of the club last one was the all important stl program

If we pay fee but are not able to access the support then the club does not really change much.

Now hopefully all this will improve but I will not hold my breath

jjack9485
09-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Problem with the club (i did join)
is that the same old problem plague CW. Email never get answered phone call dont get though or not returned

If the main reason for this is support then CW has to do something to improve our access to that support. Sure the patts are nice but most of us do or own labor 25 % off parts is ok

so what we get is a discount and a pat come on boys (cw) I know this is new but lets get the phones and email fixed as will as the newsletter

I got 2 since jan. never got the one that tell of the club last one was the all important stl program

If we pay fee but are not able to access the support then the club does not really change much.

Now hopefully all this will improve but I will not hold my breath
I may have joined prematurely, I assumed like joining any club you receive some preferential treatment, like you say most of us do our own labor, discount off of parts would be better than off of labor, I thought by being a club member ,we would be able to get better support. I've tried for 2 days trying to get a technician with no avail.. so being a club member did not help.

I'm still trying to figure out what is the much,much more we received..

jack

jjack9485
09-27-2009, 06:03 PM
I was trying Thursday& Friday. again what are they providing? No discounts on parts. 25% off of most us users labor is $0. So far we get most of our support off this forum.

I guess it would ok if co-op of groups of five or so would join and then the individual cost of membership would be $30 each. And one designated person could call for support questions and order any needed parts.

jack