PDA

View Full Version : check cut motor

elfritzer
09-24-2009, 07:54 AM
The last three projects that I have loaded in the machine get started, and just before it starts the carve, it tells me to check the cut motor. What exactly am I supposed to check? When I press enter again the project starts and runs fine . (so far!) Any help is appreciated

mtylerfl
09-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Use the Forum Search feature for more info on that subject...

type in "check cut motor" (WITH the quotation marks)

elfritzer
09-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks, nobody ever told me you have to use the Quotation marks!

Digitalwoodshop
09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
The bottom line in my opinion is that it is a software issue and it just happens... About half the projects I put on the machine get it in the first 30 seconds of carving. I hit enter and it goes on.... At first it was a Motor Sensor issue but if your cut motor sensor is working, use options and cut motor, turn QC to see it count. If that works then don't worry about it. It's good to ask, but nothing too serious.....

I am still using 1.134 so it might be addressed in later versions.

When it happens to me, the motor starts up at a higher speed than normal and after the restart goes slower or normal speed.

AL

dbfletcher
09-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Al,

Thanks for posting that. This is another thing I was confused on. Machine #1 does exactly what you described... and when i searched it seemed like every post I saw said that the magnet on the shaft coming loose was the cause. But when checking in user options/sensor check, it was counting correctly. Once again.. I'm glad it is just not me! Also, my motor also reacts the same way.. high speed.. then slower.

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
09-24-2009, 10:44 AM
If you have time, try swapping the Counter Board on the Cut Motor between the machines and see if it moves.....

Another question is if the same project does it over and over on one machine, if you move the card to the other machine does it do it on the newer machine?

After that I would swap the X Termination Board that controls the speed and on off of the motor and see if it is a hardware problem.....

I only have one machine set up in the shop at the moment, I should really do this myself.... It's just a time thing... I would rather peck on the keyboard..... :mrgreen: Back to sanding.

AL