PDA

View Full Version : "Edge detect fail"

LollyWood
09-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Have a lil prob I need a bit of advise on.
Threw an Xgear yesterday. (Sure wish some one could fabracate these in something a bit more sturdy then plastic.hint....hint...RJ;)) Anyway got it swapped out, Did some dusting and cleaning, swapped the track belts. Got it put back together, and ran a "Measure board-length" to test Xgear. Gear worked fine, but got "Edge detect failure" 3 times. Didn't have time to pop it open again, will Wed. Any ideas or pointers on where to look to correct this error message?

As Always,
Thanks in advance.
This forum has saved me a ton of $$$
Just ask, Some one has an answer.

fwharris
09-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Threw an Xgear yesterday. (Sure wish some one could fabracate these in something a bit more sturdy then plastic.hint....hint...RJ;)) Anyway got it swapped out, Did some dusting and cleaning, swapped the track belts. Got it put back together, and ran a "Measure board-length" to test Xgear. Gear worked fine, but got "Edge detect failure" 3 times. Didn't have time to pop it open again, will Wed. Any ideas or pointers on where to look to correct this error message?

As Always,
Thanks in advance.

Bernie,

It could be either a dirty board sensor or stuck compression roller. Do a sensor check for both.

Digitalwoodshop
09-22-2009, 11:30 PM

As Always,
Thanks in advance.

The X is designed that way with light gears, easy to break nylon gears.... It does have a X Stall sensor and you will sometimes see a X Stall.... But if you just hit enter and a board is tapered like a wedge, something needs to give..... A $60.00 Motor, A $100.00 Computer with the Servo Drivers, or a $5.00 plastic gear..... I have said this in the past.... GREAT DESIGN because it is capable of destroying itself with the torque.

Clean the board detector outside of the sensor. Or it might be a board detector before they glued them and one LED has broken and that is the problem... New Board Detector.

Good Luck,

AL