PDA

View Full Version : MT Sleigh

oldjoe
09-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Just wanted to congradulate Mike Tyler. I just recieved the Lowes Fall Woodworkers flyer and they are advertising the Carvewright and they have a picture of Mike Tylers Christmas Sleigh. Way to go Mike national recognition.
Too bad they didn't tell people who created the sleigh.

mtylerfl
09-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Just wanted to congradulate Mike Tyler. I just recieved the Lowes Fall Woodworkers flyer and they are advertising the Carvewright and they have a picture of Mike Tylers Christmas Sleigh. Way to go Mike national recognition.
Too bad they didn't tell people who created the sleigh.

Hi oldjoe,

Thank you for letting me know about that. I knew that Lowe's was considering selling the projects as an accessory for the machine (packaged in DVD cases with a colorful cover insert- like Amazon.com does), but had no idea that they were going to use photos of the project(s) as part of the machine advertising promos. Hopefully the next step will be offering the actual projects to their customers!

No need for recognition. Makes me plenty happy enough that folks can get a little preview of how much fun we/they can have with our "miracle" machines! It would be even better if Lowes would post a weblink in their promo material to the CarveWright Customer Gallery so newcomers can view the whole gamut of possibilities presented by all.

Digitalwoodshop
09-22-2009, 01:50 PM
And when the THOUSANDS of Wood Workers FLOCK to the CW Site they will come to know the MAN behind the Sleigh Project.... And with the Economy in the dumps and a STIRRING Picture like that.... I am sure that THOUSANDS will take a second look at the CW as a ticket to $$ Freedom.....

I have a Tracking number for my 4th machine and I am getting ready to load another Wine Rack Project into the CW to cut while I work on Fire Tags... It is REALLY LIKE PRINTING MONEY..... I know Lilly will look at this and think.... Not as easy as it looks on paper.... But when Lilly works through this equipment down time and gets back to carving we are going to see some really GREAT signs from her....

This is a positive shot in the arm for everyone CW....

AL

STEAM
09-22-2009, 03:05 PM
I have a Tracking number for my 4th machine ......
AL[/quote]

You know Al, that makes you the winner of the Carvewright poster child contest !!! lol;)

atauer
09-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Actually, there are a few users off forum that have more than Al. But, he is catching up.

Digitalwoodshop
09-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Well that is good to know.... That I am not the only Obsessed CW Collector.... Machines 2, 3 and 4 were all purchased broken...

I am all excited tonight that I discovered a few tricks of Silk Screening.... I was not sure how to get my art from computer to silk screen mask... Found special paper that goes in the Laser Paper Printer that will make the Positive artwork then I expose the silk frame in a photo process. I have been trying to discover how to print on this new Glow In the Dark plastic I have. I want to make Fire Tags in Glow in the DARK... This is the ticket.... And there is a supplier 20 miles away with all the stuff....

Machine 4 will be setup to cut plastic. The Glow in the Dark Plastic will make some interesting sawdust.....:p

Silk Screen Printing opens up a whole new line of products.. Vinyl Stickers.... Silk screened registration marks with the artwork then use the vinyl plotter with a photo eye to cut out the shapes. Instant stickers....

License Plates, signs, and more....:roll:

AL

oldjoe
09-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I can foresee Al on an episode of "Hoarders". Sitting in his shop in a recliner with 50 or so CW's buzzing away.
Oh and you are very welcome Mike. I enjoy you work very much