PDA

View Full Version : Bought used machine

dbfletcher
09-21-2009, 07:55 AM
A few months ago I bought a second machine that was listed on the forum for sale. Does anyone know the procedure for transfering the serial number from the old owner to me? And yes, I am aware that any of the software lisences wont transfer (probe, centerline, etc).

Am I correct in thinking that this should not be a "charged" support call if I need to call them? I know..... I should have done this when I first took possession of the machine, just wasnt high on my priority list at the time.

Doug Fletcher

liquidguitars
09-21-2009, 11:35 AM
you could try online.. log into your account and add the serial number?

just a guess.

LG

Digitalwoodshop
09-21-2009, 11:41 AM
I have transfered 3 of my 4 machines just by a phone call, the 4th is in the mail soon... You can ask to register it and if they want to charge you then you just send them a e mail... support@carvewright.com I believe works.

It is good to register it as if it walks away LHR can help get it back since the serial number is in the machine computer.

AL

Steven Alford
09-21-2009, 04:17 PM
They are not going to start charging for support until the 23, so if you hurry Doug you can get it done!!

badger
09-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Just did it.. You need to make sure that the other owner called (or emailed the serial number info) to LHR asking them to remove it from their computer. Then just register it when you load the software.

I still dont understand why the probe and centerline could not be transferred as long as the serial number is removed from the previous owners account.

All it does by letting people do that is continue to use the machine, buy patterns and parts and keep the money train rolling for LHR. The item was already bought once why should it sit on a shelve and collect dust when it could be used by someone else?

AskBud
09-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Presuming that you already had a Probe (Editor) and the Centerline with your first machine, you should have no problem. You are allowed to load 2 computers with the software per machine. Now that you will be adding a 2nd unit you will be able to use 4 PC's. I have 2 machines and have 3 PC's at the present time and confirmed the rule prior to booting up PC #3.

Yes, you should get a release of the CW-CC SN from the original owner. It's possible that a copy of the Bill-of-sale may suffice (I don't know).
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
09-21-2009, 07:04 PM
How does STL work... Can you load it on more than one machine?

AL

dbfletcher
09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
In my licenses, it looks like I can. I only haved it loaded on one machine currently.. but it shows up the same as centerline and scanning probe.

Doug Fletcher

AskBud
09-21-2009, 07:31 PM
How does STL work... Can you load it on more than one machine?

AL

I would presume that the rule would be the same for all software: Two PC(s) per Machine. Therefore, 2 machines means 4 PC(s).
AskBud

dbfletcher
09-21-2009, 07:39 PM
I would presume that the rule would be the same for all software: Two PC(s) per Machine. Therefore, 2 machines means 4 PC(s).
AskBud

whoa!?!?!..... let me get this straight. With my first machine I bought centerline, scanning probe, and the stl importer. Are you saying that any software i have already purchased automatically transfers to any new serial # I add to my account?

Doug Fletcher

AskBud
09-21-2009, 07:48 PM
whoa!?!?!..... let me get this straight. With my first machine I bought centerline, scanning probe, and the stl importer. Are you saying that any software i have already purchased automatically transfers to any new serial # I add to my account?

Doug Fletcher
As the process was explained to me, YES!
As I said, I have 2 machines and 3 PC's loaded.
The machines get the code from the computer memory card which you use.
AskBud

dbfletcher
09-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Well then, if that holds to be true.. it will drastically change my opinion on the licensing scheme the chose to use. Hopfully I can get the second serial number added to my account tomorrow. I'll post back after the transfer is complete.

Doug Fletcher

dbfletcher
09-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Well.. after being on hold for about 30 mins today, I did get to speak with a live person. I also was able to transfer the #2 machine to my account. However, when i looked at my licenses page... I did get two additional licenses of "basic" (the designer software), but no additional for centerline, pattern editor, or STl as Bud had thought. I questioed the support person about it and was told I would have to buy seperate licenses of each of those if i wanted to use the witht he other machine. :(

I guess I'll stick with my original opinion of the licensing practices.

Doug Fletcher

fwharris
09-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Well.. after being on hold for about 30 mins today, I did get to speak with a live person. I also was able to transfer the #2 machine to my account. However, when i looked at my licenses page... I did get two additional licenses of "basic" (the designer software), but no additional for centerline, pattern editor, or STl as Bud had thought. I questioed the support person about it and was told I would have to buy seperate licenses of each of those if i wanted to use the witht he other machine. :(

Doug Fletcher

HMMMM,

That does sound strange!!!

Of course it does not matter since what ever you put on the card will work on either of your machines you put it into...

badger
09-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Im a little confused on what individuals are asking here.

If im not mistaken you can have a thousands machines in the shop and as long as you purchased centerline and have it installed on your computer you can use upload a project with a centerline project then go into the shop and stick it into any machine and it will work.

So im not sure where people are needing more than 1 license for more machines.

AskBud
09-22-2009, 01:21 PM

Doug Fletcher

Doug,
If you only have one PC you are set just by placing the Memory card in the PC and uploading the format code. It/they will work on all machines.

If you are speaking of 2 PCs,
I kept the original email for each license, as they had the code # for Centerline.
I just activated that code in the 2nd computer.
On the probe, I just loaded the disc, it I remember, and entered the code on the jacket.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
09-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Boy did I open a Can of Software... With 4 machines... I get to have it on 8 machines?

#4 is on the way... Got a Tracking Number...

AL

dbfletcher
09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Im a little confused on what individuals are asking here.

If im not mistaken you can have a thousands machines in the shop and as long as you purchased centerline and have it installed on your computer you can use upload a project with a centerline project then go into the shop and stick it into any machine and it will work.

So im not sure where people are needing more than 1 license for more machines.

My main reason was that I already have it loaded on two of my computer... one near the shop and one in the house. From bud's first email, I thought this was going to mean I could load it on my laptop and be able to work on projects away from home. So ya, as long as I DO EVERYTHING AT HOME on on of the two desktops... no problem. Just more a major inconvienece than a show stopper.

Doug Fletcher