PDA

View Full Version : Pattern locked

Dan-Woodman
04-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Help
I have a pattern on a board , that has been saved, but I want to move the pattern vertically( up and down) . I can move it horizontally but not vertically. I tried lots of things but no go

pkunk
04-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Help
I have a pattern on a board , that has been saved, but I want to move the pattern vertically( up and down) . I can move it horizontally but not vertically. I tried lots of things but no go
Click on your pattern, go to layout and un-check 'center vertically'

Dan-Woodman
04-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the reply, no go .
What I've got is a carving pattern and it was turned 90 degrees and moved off center down below the centerline . The lines around my project are just above the horizontal line on the board. I can enlarge, rotate,and move side to side ,but not up or down. I have tried to unlock everthing I can think of . later Daniel

Dan-Woodman
04-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I GOT IT.
I don't know if what I did was the easy way or not , but here is what I did. I clicked on the measurement from center, subtracted that measurement from the overall measurement and enter . My project was just a little over the centerline above and I wanted to move it so the oppisite side of the project was just over the centerline below. IT WORKED. I 'm working on side panals for a secretary desk . It will have raised panals and carvings in the panal. later Daniel

yenne
05-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Sounds like you had set a distance constraint on your carving. All those little green number labels represent distances from points in your figures to board edges or centerlines. Clicking one of these labels will bring up a numerical entry box, and hitting Enter will set a distance constraint (attachment). Once set, the software enforces that constraint and colors the label yellow instead of green as a visual cue that the constraint exists.

You can remove a constraint by right-clicking it and selecting the option to remove the constraint. Or, like you did, you can click on it and enter a different number.

Dan-Woodman
05-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Hey Britt
Thanks for the info, its this kind of help thats not covered in any manual
later Daniel

edutrisac
08-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Hey Britt
Thanks for the info, its this kind of help thats not covered in any manual
later Daniel

I know this is an old thread, but I agree. Scratched my head for an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't resize some shapes.

ktjwilliams
09-04-2013, 06:59 PM
If any of the numbers are yellow there is a constraint on it ... Same with setting an angle at an intersection ...