PDA

View Full Version : Pattern editor

dbfletcher
09-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Can someone with 1.152 convert and save this png and reply with the ptn. Also if someone with 1.153 could do this as well that would be great. I dont know if it is a problem or not, but when i did it on my machine, the pattern editor acted a little strange. I just want to see if it is a possibel version issue or something on my local machine.

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

I'm not sure why when i attached it it is showing as a jpg... the file i attached using attachment manager is definately an png. Does the forum software automatically convert image files to jpg?

I also just added the png in a zipped format.

revised: Ahhh.. I see.. the first png was converted to a thumbnail image. please use the file in teh zip file for creating the ptn. It is the orginal png file.

Kenm810
09-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi Doug,

This is what the png in a zipped format looks like in Designer Ver. 1.152
I don't have Ver. 1.153 on this Pc yet.

dbfletcher
09-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Ken,

Yours is smaller then the one i created with 1.153. Hopefully someone else has switched to 1.153 and can convert on their system. You didnt apply any filters right? just imported the png and save as a ptn?

Doug Fletcher

Chief38
09-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Had to invert pattern. This is what mine came out as. was about to send it earlier but was toned out on rescue run just as I started to write this up.
Herb

attachement didn't work trying agasin.

fwharris
09-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Ken,

Yours is smaller then the one i created with 1.153. Hopefully someone else has switched to 1.153 and can convert on their system. You didnt apply any filters right? just imported the png and save as a ptn?

Doug Fletcher

Doug,

I brought it into 1.153 pattern editor and did not have any issues with it.

It did come in at a smaller size 8.719 x 5.258 ...

Also did the import image into designer and had the same size...

Is this what you wanted to know???

dbfletcher
09-20-2009, 10:15 PM
hmm.. well now i am just really looking for someone to post back with the image imported and saved as a ptn with 1.153. That will help confirm wether I realy have a problem with my local install.. or if ther may be a issue with the new release. I'm thinking it is local at this point

Doug Fletcher

fwharris
09-20-2009, 10:25 PM
hmm.. well now i am just really looking for someone to post back with the image imported and saved as a ptn with 1.153. That will help confirm wether I realy have a problem with my local install.. or if ther may be a issue with the new release. I'm thinking it is local at this point

Doug Fletcher

Doug,

Here it is.. all I did was import into pattern editor and inverted it.. saved as ptn..

Kenm810
09-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Doug,

I re-did your pattern with Ver. 1.152, Again straight from the zipped png file, with no filters or size changes.

The last time I did inlarge and reduce it's size, while I was look for irregularities along the edge of the pattern.

It matches FWHarris's measurements using Ver.1.153 --- Sorry for the confusion!