PDA

View Full Version : Carved 15 hours plus on project !!

jjack9485
09-19-2009, 05:51 PM
WEll I just completed carving Michaels Tylers "Classy Christmas Wreath) took a little over 15 hours. Guess what, not one problem using the Rock on best and it turned out great. Wife loves it. The flex shaft never got warm. I would never have believed it until I seen it and felt it for myself. I just stained it and will top coat it tomorrow and will post picture if I can ever figure out how.

I wonder why it took 15 hrs when instructions said approx 10 hrs, could it be the
later software version?

Rick P
09-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Excellent jjack !! ... waiting for your picture ...

Pratyeka
09-20-2009, 06:45 AM
WEll I just completed carving Michaels Tylers "Classy Christmas Wreath) took a little over 15 hours. Guess what, not one problem using the Rock on best and it turned out great. Wife loves it. The flex shaft never got warm. I would never have believed it until I seen it and felt it for myself. I just stained it and will top coat it tomorrow and will post picture if I can ever figure out how.

I wonder why it took 15 hrs when instructions said approx 10 hrs, could it be the
later software version?

What quality setting did you use? Best or Ultimate?

MCGEE2SKINNER
09-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi
Make sure to paint the berries red makes it look great.
jim

mtylerfl
09-20-2009, 12:02 PM

later software version?

Yes, you are correct - later software versions did indeed increase the project time. I decided not to worry about editing the time stated in the instructions since project time could vary anyway, depending upon software versions.

By the way, I saw your photo of your finished Wreath in another post - what a super job you did!

jjack9485
09-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the comments, using the best mode the cleanup was very min able, about 20 minutes.

jack