PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Raggety Anne/Andy pattern

dbfletcher
09-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Any one got either of these they can share?

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

Kenm810
09-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Will this one Help

dbfletcher
09-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Ok, I thought I knew how to do this.. but i guess not. I used the pattern ken was so kind to share. I decided it will look best if I just "crop" andy out of the pic. I was just going to create another carve region over Andy, but I cant work out the right depth detials so the outline of my carve region isnt showing.

If I could take it in to pattern editor it would be easy.... :(

How would any of you attempt this.

Doug Fletcher

ChrisAlb
09-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Ok, I thought I knew how to do this.. but i guess not. I used the pattern ken was so kind to share. I decided it will look best if I just "crop" andy out of the pic. I was just going to create another carve region over Andy, but I cant work out the right depth detials so the outline of my carve region isnt showing.

If I could take it in to pattern editor it would be easy.... :(

How would any of you attempt this.

Doug Fletcher

Unfortunately Doug, once it's a pattern there's little to nothing you can do with it unless you're the creator. Meaning you can't open someone else's work in PE.

However, (correct me if I'm wrong here Ken), it seems that Ken simply imported an image of them into Designer and made a pattern from it. You can do the same thing but do any cropping/editing you want to the image in your graphics application of choice first, and save it as a PNG file to import.

Hope this helps.

dbfletcher
09-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Hmmm.. I guess that sounds like another feature request. Doesnt it make sense that the author of the pattern should be able to decided if the pattern can me modified? Perhaps a check box when saving the ptn of wether the pattern is 'locked' or 'unlocked'.

I dont really know how ken got the pattern.. wether it was a simple image import on his part of if he got it from yet another user.

Doug Fletcher

Kenm810
09-23-2009, 05:38 AM
Hi Doug,

Sorry I didn't see your Reply post until just this minute,
hope this helps you out, I,m always willing try.

dbfletcher
09-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Drat.... just 1/2 day too late. i ended up carving the project yesterday. here is what i ended up using.... just a coloring book page that ended up fitting better. I still like your design better, so I may just redo the whole thing.

By the way, does anyone agree with me that LHR should allow the author of the pattern the ability to determine wether it can be brought in Pattern Editor or not? Seems like that makes more sense that just assuming the the author does not want ANYONE to modify their pattern in anyway.

Doug Fletcher

badger
09-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Its pretty simple without all that new software, if the author would like anyone to modify their pattern all they have to do is include the grayscale image they used.

dbfletcher
09-23-2009, 09:12 AM
True, but if you look in the pattern sharing gallery, very few have done that. My guess is that most of the patterns in the gallery, the authors really would encourage the sharing/modifying of the pattern. The current "security" just seems overly restrictive.

Alternately, does anyone know if they would also allow posting the mpw's (Pattern editor artwork) if that would also solve the problem. hmmm.. as im thinking about that, i guess that would just cuase another problem becuase I dont think you can use the mpw unless you have pattern editor correct?

It just seems silly that the author has to post two files if they want the file modifiable.... which problably just wont happen... instead of just having some flag in the ptn that determines wether anyone can bring it in pattern editor or not. Same philosophy as nearly any other application... word, excel, powerpoint, pdf, etc,etc, etc.

Doug Fletcher