PDA

View Full Version : Machine not racheting dowm

joe pisciotta
09-19-2009, 01:09 PM
My Sears Compucarve was working fine then suddenly it stopped racheting down to hold the board in place. the software is not starting the cut because of this. I'm sure the board is place correctly. Anyone know what to do? Thanks,Joe

fwharris
09-19-2009, 02:40 PM
My Sears Compucarve was working fine then suddenly it stopped racheting down to hold the board in place. the software is not starting the cut because of this. I'm sure the board is place correctly. Anyone know what to do? Thanks,Joe

Joe,

When you say it is not racheting down, do you mean it is locked in the up postion. If so in the manual instructions you will see a page showing you how to take a small allen wrench or nail and inserting it into a hole on the threaded rod that is located oposite of the key board.

Lilly
09-22-2009, 11:22 AM
same problem with my Carvewright...they so far have had me replace the memory card (39.95 plus overnight because I needed it quick) this was not the problem...now they said it was my controler (303.00 plus overnight that was not overnight like they promised)...still doesn't work...Money not well spent.

Tried calling there today...guess what when you push 2 for tech support the phone disconnects...Lilly is not a happy camper. I'm leaving today got to do the signs I have designed.

Hope someone here can help you (maybe it would help me toooooo)

Lilly:(

fwharris
09-22-2009, 11:46 AM
same problem with my Carvewright...they so far have had me replace the memory card (39.95 plus overnight because I needed it quick) this was not the problem...now they said it was my controler (303.00 plus overnight that was not overnight like they promised)...still doesn't work...Money not well spent.

Tried calling there today...guess what when you push 2 for tech support the phone disconnects...Lilly is not a happy camper. I'm leaving today got to do the signs I have designed.

Hope someone here can help you (maybe it would help me toooooo)

Lilly:(

Lilly,

I do not see how these had anything with your machine not ratcheting down to the board!!! ????????

Make sure the threaded head bolts and gears on the crank handle are clean and lubed. Any build up on them will add resistance to the head when it is lowered and cause the crank handle to start ratcheting.

If you still can not lower it to the board you can also to add a washer between the spring in the crank handle. Tech support had me take one of the thin washers off of top of the vertical guide posts on the right side of the machine. I was having low head pressure and could not get it to the 85 pounds.
You will have to remove the top end cover panels to do this. The washer adds more resistance to the ratcheting system spring. After doing this re check your head pressure..

Digitalwoodshop
09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
FW,

I would remove the bottom of the machine and clean any sawdust from the gears that cross from left to right. That can cause it...

ALSO I would clean and use chain Lube to lubricate the 2 jacking threaded rods and the smooth slides... I too had this same problem with just clicking when the head was almost touching the board and a good cleaning and lubrication helped. The threads in the jacking screw were DRY from Sawdust... The Chain Lube has worked GREAT for me.... Yes it does collect some dust but it keeps on working...

Another thing is the head might not be level and it binds on the clear posts....

If this continues.... call me....

Lilly.... Call me too.... Number on my web page. I have an spare keypad.... Try before you buy.... from LHR

AL

fwharris
09-22-2009, 12:57 PM
FW,

I would remove the bottom of the machine and clean any sawdust from the gears that cross from left to right. That can cause it...

ALSO I would clean and use chain Lube to lubricate the 2 jacking threaded rods and the smooth slides... I too had this same problem with just clicking when the head was almost touching the board and a good cleaning and lubrication helped. The threads in the jacking screw were DRY from Sawdust... The Chain Lube has worked GREAT for me.... Yes it does collect some dust but it keeps on working...

Another thing is the head might not be level and it binds on the clear posts....

If this continues.... call me....

Lilly.... Call me too.... Number on my web page. I have an spare keypad.... Try before you buy.... from LHR

AL

Al,

Yes also check the bottom of the machine for dust on the gears!!!

I am not having the problem, was just trying to point out areas they need to look at... and thanks for the call offer!!! Just might do it to talk!!!

Digitalwoodshop
09-22-2009, 01:52 PM
570-685-WOOD....:mrgreen: CW was taken.....

AL

Icutone2
09-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Al, In the past was it you that offered a lighted key pad? If not does anyone recall who had it? Thanks for any help in advance.
Lee

dbfletcher
09-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm thinking it was Jeff Birt. But I may be wrong... certainly wouldnt be the first time.

Doug Fletcher

PCW
09-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Jeff Birt carries the back-lite LCD and I love mine. Not sure on the keypad.

Digitalwoodshop
09-22-2009, 07:01 PM
He sells the LCD that with a few minor modifications replaces the LCD screen.

I have strips of LED's 1/2 inch wide that are on a reel and powered by 12 volts DC. I was going to put a strip under the top cover between the flex slot and the clear cover to light up the inside. I was going to tuck a few above the keypad too.

AL

mtylerfl
09-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Backlit LCD modification kit is from Jeff Birt
at http://soigeneris.com/soigenerisprd.aspx