PDA

View Full Version : Question about Rock Chuck

Ironone
09-19-2009, 12:07 AM
I have owned my Sears machine about a year, nothing but problems. The QC has always been hard to change. Replaced the failed QC with a new one from CW and carved 1 thing with it and now it has a 1/8" wobble(worst design I have ever seen). After reading a lot about peoples success with the Rock Chuck., I ordered one 2 weeks ago, has not shown up, no email with any kind of tracking number, sent a email this morning and no response. Does anyone have a better way to reach Ron?

dbfletcher
09-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Ron does check this forum frequently. I have ordered two from Ron.. the first one took about three weeks. The second was just over a week. I believe is a one man show, so it probably depends on how much inventory he has, and when he has time to process all the orders. He has been very response to email for me however. Normally always responds within a day.

It will be worth the wait.

Doug Fletcher

easybuilt
09-19-2009, 12:20 AM
If you don't get a response this weekend PM me and I will give you his phone #. He has always responded to me with I send him emails. Ron cares about his customers!

c6craig
09-19-2009, 06:16 AM
I sent him a PM on this board when I was ready to buy. He answered my questions pretty quick and went out of his way to help. I have also spoken with him via email and he was responsive.

Don't worry, he is a standup guy and will get you your rock chuck soon :D

Congrats on the purchase by the way...:cool:

Craig

PCW
09-19-2009, 06:52 AM
I have owned my Sears machine about a year, nothing but problems. The QC has always been hard to change. Replaced the failed QC with a new one from CW and carved 1 thing with it and now it has a 1/8" wobble(worst design I have ever seen). After reading a lot about peoples success with the Rock Chuck., I ordered one 2 weeks ago, has not shown up, no email with any kind of tracking number, sent a email this morning and no response. Does anyone have a better way to reach Ron?

Ron was out of town for a couple of days and if I remember right he was on track to start shipping on the 15th so you should see your order soon.

SteveEJ
09-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Ron is busier than well.. you know. Like the others have said, you are in good hands.. The wait in this case will be well worth it..

William Blankenship
09-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Ron is busier than well.. you know. Like the others have said, you are in good hands.. The wait in this case will be well worth it..

After everything I've read about the Rock Chuck, I ordered one on the 15th. I assumed it was a custom machined part. I figured Ron made these as an order came in. I'm willing to wait for a quality part. I'm looking forward to seeing the quality difference, as well as, the lower noise level. From everything I've read, it is going to be a vast improvement.

I have one dilemma, though. My machine isn't out of warrantee and won't be until December this year. Should I wait until then to install it? Surely the installation of this part would invalidate the warrantee. On the other hand, this may solve some issues I've been having with carving accuracy.

Bill...

dbfletcher
09-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Hopefully someone from LHR will repond... but I cant imagine them saying the addition of the rock would invalidate you warrenty.

Doug Fletcher

robbrigg2
09-19-2009, 09:40 AM
My two cents,

Don't wait. The frustration, bit breakage, and lower carve quality is not worth the wait. I am still in warranty and nothing has been voided. Albeit I would put the QC chuck on if I had to send my machine in, but that is to ensure I get my Rock back.

Just trying to help.

RObert

Steven Alford
09-19-2009, 10:45 AM
After everything I've read about the Rock Chuck, I ordered one on the 15th. I assumed it was a custom machined part. I figured Ron made these as an order came in. I'm willing to wait for a quality part. I'm looking forward to seeing the quality difference, as well as, the lower noise level. From everything I've read, it is going to be a vast improvement.

I have one dilemma, though. My machine isn't out of warrantee and won't be until December this year. Should I wait until then to install it? Surely the installation of this part would invalidate the warrantee. On the other hand, this may solve some issues I've been having with carving accuracy.

Bill...

All you have to do is put the QC back on and send it in. They will not know the difference.

Wilbur
09-19-2009, 11:12 AM
You don't know what LHR will do. I would replace the rock with the QC if I was going to send it back.
I don't see why it would matter. The QC was never under warranty any way, but who knows.
I do know that the Rock is the way to go. It does make a difference.

Wilbur

William Blankenship
09-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to install it as soon as I get it. This is going to be nice to have better quality and accuracy.

Bill...

wasacop75
09-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Jason and I talked the other day and it was said that the Rock will not void the warrantee.. At least that was what i thought i heard...:rolleyes:

Steven Alford
09-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Who is "Jason and I" ??
Someone we should know and trust I hope!!

rjustice
09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Guys,
Sorry for the slow response to this thread... I have been very busy as was mentioned earlier in the thread, and ended up in another area that had no internet service.
I am going to be shipping out a large batch this week. Should be Wed. and as long as all of what i sent out to Black Oxide, comes back and passes Quality checks, I should be able to meet all orders that are placed at this time.
I appologize for those that have had to wait, as i have been trying very hard to keep orders insided 1-2 weeks max when backordered.
I do appreiciate all of the support from those that have purchased from me, and are seeing the big benefits of the Rock System

Best regards, and Happy Carving,

Ron

Ironone
10-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Just needed to come back here and make a few comments.

Ron, your Rock Chuck has made the difference for me, I have owned my machine for a little over a year and have had nothing but problems, mostly with the chuck system. I was so close to just dumping the machine it was not funny, but my coworker offered to pay half of the upgrade to the rock chuck. so I thought ok ill put out a bit more cash and give it one more try. I had never completed a full project as the machine has broke down all time, I was on my 3rd factory chuck and it had failed.. mind you I had less then 20 hours on my machine at the time I bought the Rock.. I have completed 100 hours of carving with the Rock with the only problems being the sensor on the lid. I also built a vacuum pickup for it and attached it to my dust collection system.

Ron thank you for the very good buy.

And all the people here in the forums, Thank you for all your input I have learned so much from all of you by going and reading all the posts, this forum is FULL of very good people.

LONG LIVE the ROCK CHUCK!!!

--Jeff

Fletcher
10-26-2009, 09:10 PM
The Rock Chuck ROCKS!

Hehe...

rjustice
10-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Just needed to come back here and make a few comments.

Ron, your Rock Chuck has made the difference for me, I have owned my machine for a little over a year and have had nothing but problems, mostly with the chuck system. I was so close to just dumping the machine it was not funny, but my coworker offered to pay half of the upgrade to the rock chuck. so I thought ok ill put out a bit more cash and give it one more try. I had never completed a full project as the machine has broke down all time, I was on my 3rd factory chuck and it had failed.. mind you I had less then 20 hours on my machine at the time I bought the Rock.. I have completed 100 hours of carving with the Rock with the only problems being the sensor on the lid. I also built a vacuum pickup for it and attached it to my dust collection system.

Ron thank you for the very good buy.

And all the people here in the forums, Thank you for all your input I have learned so much from all of you by going and reading all the posts, this forum is FULL of very good people.

LONG LIVE the ROCK CHUCK!!!

--Jeff

Jeff,
Thanks for the kind words. It really means a lot to know that you are now happy with your machine. I am truly glad to be a part of this very cool community!

It would be really nice if you can post some pictures of your creations when you get a few minutes. It is very inspiring to see each others work, and it only spawns even more creativity!

Happy Carving!

Ron

jab73180
10-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Who is "Jason and I" ??
Someone we should know and trust I hope!!

i think he means Jason from the little red woodshop