PDA

View Full Version : $12.50 Repair Advice by Digitalwoodshop

Digitalwoodshop
09-18-2009, 11:21 PM
I am now offering repair advice via Phone, PM's or email for a donation.

A suggested donation of $12.50 per event, no pressure, honor system, and if you really can't afford it... No problem.... Don't worry about it....

Looking to offer my assistance and a chance to get you fixed. If you are happy, feel free to send me a donation. My email address on my website is my Pay pAL address. My Phone number is there too.

"Answers R Us" in now OPEN ( SEE POST #3.....)

:rolleyes:AL

Don't think this will be here in the morning....

PCW
09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Is this going to be a 24/7 service? I will give you a call in a couple of hours.:-D

Digitalwoodshop
09-18-2009, 11:49 PM
I am in the shop about 12 hours a DAY... I have a Magic Jack and my return calls are basically free....

Well, that got some attenton... I posted this opinion on another thread but I DO Support LHR in this Pay for Advice move.

And I am JUST KIDDING about taking MONEY for help. If you get PAID then there is a "LIABILITY" in Giving ADVICE.... That is why I have not done a Pay for advice program before. It's all about the LIABILITY.... That is why I never offered to fix the Power Supply boards that need the L2 Coil fixed.... LIABILITY..... Your house burns down next week after "I" fixed the power supply.... I "COULD" be sued if a "Insurance Company" is looking to get off the hook.....

SO NO I will not accept pay for advice.... I will still offer FREE advice as I have in the past..... It's like the "Good Samaritan Law" of Repair Adviced..... No Money...

It's 1 AM.... Machine is done... I am out of hear.....

AL

dbfletcher
09-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Can we assume that donatation are always welcome though? Not that I have many pennies in my piggy bank... but like other have said.. being unmployed sucks... since March 07 for me.. but i scrape by doing consulting work and have had a sideline paintball business since 2000. Actually this forum and the machines are the only things that keep my sanity these day.

I like helping out and I hope that at least 1/2 of my answers are closer to being correct than incorrect. It nice to feel useful.

I just wish I had the wood skills that many other on this list have. Truely amazing some of the works that come out of this forum.

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
09-19-2009, 12:35 AM
I would send the donations back.... That is the way I am.... I was at the local VA medical office yesterday. They have a new latest and greatest copier fax machine... Big sucker... Well it was not working.... The ladies were stressed.... they needed it to work for reports and fax..... I asked to look at it and had it running in minutes.. Found a piece of plastic from the last empty toner cartridge came off and had jammed the new cartridge.... Simple fix.... It's just what I do....

Brother has been out of work for over a year when the West Palm Beach Post decided to QUIT Printing the paper.... They now have the Sentinel Print and distribute the papers...... They saved the writers and ad people and let everyone else go....

Good Luck with your job search....

Let's hope LHR Hangs in there too and does not call it quits.....

AL

William Blankenship
09-19-2009, 08:14 AM
I would send the donations back.... That is the way I am.... out of work....Let's hope LHR Hangs in there too and does not call it quits.....

AL

Morning Al,
Thanks for the advice on this forum. I have used some of it to work out snags. Thanks again, man; it is much appreciated. I know how your brother feels. I have been out of work since May 07. This economy sucks. It is going to get worse before it gets better.

That is a scary thought. LHR hanging it up. I truly hope that doesn't happen.

Bill...

SteveEJ
09-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Al,
Thanks for what you do.. And thanks for pulling the pay for advise offer. I really didn't want to be calling all hours of the night just to see of you were there..:)

Digitalwoodshop
09-19-2009, 10:22 AM
The Maytag Man is always available.... I don't even have a cell phone... Not that inportant..... The thought of getting a Cell Phone.... NA.... not me....

I just wanted to stir the thoughts of "WHAT IF LHR called it QUITS"... You must charge a fair price for your work....

I had a friend ask me about laser engraving 150 Wine Glasses. I have wanted to get a rotary attachment for my Laser.....

The going price is $5.00 to put a glass on a Laser Engraver.

She found a price on line for $1.29 each and wanted to beat it......

I told her, sorry.... the going price is $5.00...... Take the deal and run...

You can't stay in business for $1.29..... You can't stay in business providing FREE Services.

I pick and choose my projects.... I have a Local Fire Department is wanting License Plates with 2 color pictures of the Fire Trucks on it..... My selling price $20.00 each.... There asking price..... $5.00..... They are wondering where the samples are....?:rolleyes:

AL

Rick P
09-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Al,

I am impressed that you have avoided the cell phone...good for you !!!

Digitalwoodshop
09-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I am in the STICKS of the Pocono Mountains and we only got cell coverage on our property last year.... A Christmas Tree customer in our front yard was talking on her Cell Phone and it blew me away... With no leaves on the trees she was hitting a tower a few miles away.... With Leaves I don't believe it would work.

No Kids, No wife, No Job, No Girlfriend, No Money... No need for a Cell phone....

I do have a 12 volt DC Car Alarm Pager that works on a Car Radio Antenna and at my shop and Radio Shack Reporters, Battery Motion Detectors with Transmitters. When the UPS Guy or a Tree Customer enters the driveway my pocket pager goes off and with 3 colors tells me what zone went off.

It has a range of about a mile that works great when I am walking the dogs. Can tie the building security system into it too....

Then there are the CCTV Cameras on the Driveway..... My shop in located in the middle of a Christmas Tree Patch.... Wanted it closer to the driveway but zoning..... Then there were power lines... So behind the power lines... Works GREAT as it's 10 PM and I am still cutting Wine Racks as I pound Grommets into Fire Tags and I don't disturb my Step Father sleeping at the house.

Picture of the Shops in the winter. Laser Shop to the left and Wood Shop to the right. Lots of WOOD and my weekend project.... about 180 Fire Tags..... Epoxy Dome Next....

The 8 pipes in the back of the Laser Shop are Exhaust for 8 Laser Stations.... I set up the shop for 8 lasers.... Thought that was going to be my big thing.... But the Laser Thing Fizzled when they changed the law about Drug Company trade Shows.... My Laser Buddy was going to set me up with 6 lasers to make Wood Laser Engraved Pen Boxes for the Shows.... They engrave the doctor's name on the pen at the show and the box has the drug name on it.... He did 5000 at a time.... That is a NO NO now....

The last picture is a early shop setup picture showing all the outlets.... 20 amp circuits and the 4 x 4 boxes were blower wires..... The Counters, Cabinets, Chairs and even the cart all came from Sony when they combined two buildings and trashed piles of stuff... They gave be a bunch to save on dumpsters.

AL

DocWheeler
09-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Al,

Very nice setup, I really like the buildings.

ChrisAlb
09-20-2009, 09:32 AM
The last picture is a early shop setup picture showing all the outlets.... 20 amp circuits and the 4 x 4 boxes were blower wires..... The Counters, Cabinets, Chairs and even the cart all came from Sony when they combined two buildings and trashed piles of stuff... They gave be a bunch to save on dumpsters.

AL

WOW buddy! Love the last picture of the shop! (Wonder if it will ever look like that again)..:p

Digitalwoodshop
09-20-2009, 10:57 AM
I was thinking that too.... TOO much equipment and supplies.... I am working on a little clean up and re organize.... As Chris has been to me shop it is in need of some cleaning....

AL

badger
09-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I think your one shop could use a few more outlets...but just a couple more...

:mrgreen:

Nice setup though, hate a clean shop makes me have to go out and clean mine up now.

Digitalwoodshop
09-20-2009, 08:58 PM
I did the wiring and meter myself... The Inspector was the Son of the guy that taught me my first Service in 1975..... A 200 amp service and 3 Sub Panels.... The one in the Blower Room won't be needed now...

Yes I did get a little "Happy" with the Wiring.... I just wanted 20 amp circuits where I needed them... Obviously I would never use everything at once... One sub panel is all all the Laser Stuff and one is in the Wood Shop...

I have 8 outlets in the ceiling all single switched for hanging florescent lights. The top left 4 switches are dimmer for track lighting.... Never installed the track lighting. Every Florescent light has a switch to run 2 or 4 bulbs...

The Nest of gray wires is CCTV from the Driveway, House area, and to the Wood Shop. Was planning to get a Shop Bot and ran CCTV to watch that.... It will be used to watch the 4 CarveWrights.... I even ran CCTV, security, Phone, intercom and Cat5 to the house to watch the wood shop during meals.... Even have a wind up timer for the lights between the house and shop so at night they go out after I get to the house.

Outside the front door you can see the Christmas Trees... I am tucked in behind the trees....

The Wood Pictures are of 2 Oaks I cut up with my Band Saw Mill in 2006. I want to build a few solar kiln's using a solar attic fan.

I hear you guys..... "There is something wrong with that boy..."

I need to get the shops organized before the snow starts.

AL