PDA

View Full Version : Would someone in North Central Texas

Fletch
04-26-2006, 04:53 PM
be willing to show me this thing? I missed the WW show in Arlington in December, and reluctantly, have only in the last week or so come across it. I have downloaded the video from the website; however, I would appreciate a 'eyes-on' demonstration from someone in the local area.

TIA

soomro
04-26-2006, 11:21 PM
I live in Garland, Texas. You're very welcome to come by and see the machine operate. I haven't mastered it yet, but I think I can show you the machines capabilities. Infact, I belong with the North Texas Woodworkers Club (NTWA) and David from Carve Wright drove up here to do a demo for us. My email address is msoomro@comcast.net. Drop me line if you want to arrange a time.

Munawar

DWD
04-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I am also available if Munawar is not. I live in Plano and would also provide you with 'eyes on experience'. In fact if you bring a sample on a disc we could run it.

Dan

Fletch
04-27-2006, 02:49 PM
I am also available if Munawar is not. I live in Plano and would also provide you with 'eyes on experience'. In fact if you bring a sample on a disc we could run it.

DanHowdy!

I emailed Munawar privately, but I've not heard from him, today. Sample on a disc? Do you mean something to cut? I may be able to handle that.

Thanks, Man!

Fletch

Fletch
04-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Well, folks, I had my 'eyes-on' demo today, courtesy of Munawar, and while I do definitely and sincerely appreciate his demo, I don't think this machine is for me, after all that. Munawar and I talked about it, and the detail of the Carvewright is simply not fine enough for what I'm after.

All said, though, that machine is a hummer. At least I've got a contact in the event I need something done, and will pay for a job, of course.

Good Luck to all in your future endeavors!

Fletch in Alvarado, TX