PDA

View Full Version : How to Email

Eagle Hollow
09-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Can someone show me how to post a picture of this file and how to email it to my client??????????

cnsranch
09-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Jerry

Download MWSnap 3 - the link is below.

It is a super easy program to use. You have the ability to draw a rectangle around an area on your desktop - whether it's a picture, mpc, whatever is showing on the desktop.

Once you've drawn the rectangle, you click it, it then shows on the MWSnap program, you can save that as a png, jpeg, etc. It will save on your desktop, simply attach that to your e-mail (I use it all the time for the pics I attach on the Forum.

Try it, you'll like it.

http://download.cnet.com/MWSnap/3000-2072_4-10524229.html

Woodhacker
09-18-2009, 11:47 AM
"print screen" key on your keyboard. That will do what is called a screen capture. Open Paint (or any graphics program) and go to "Edit" and then "paste" (or use the Ctrl + V shortcut). That will paste the screen capture into the graphics program. Crop it to the size you want and save it out as a .jpg file. You can attach that .jpg file to your email that you send to your customer. Attached is the screen capture you need already saved out in .jpg format. Just copy it and paste it into your email. Or, if your email program does not allow direct file pastes, copy the pie to your desktop and then use the "attach" furnction in your email program. You will have to navigate to where the pic is and then double-click it. Hope this helps.

Richard

cnsranch
09-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Richard

Give MWSnap a try, you'll never use print screen again.

DocWheeler
09-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Jerry,

My newer computer has a "Snipping tool" that clips parts of images. I also use King Kong Capture (free on web) that does the same thing. Just the other day, I saw a thread where other people talked about other programs.

I then take those clips into an editing program and increase their resolution.

Here are examples of what I described (I should have hidden the center lines first).

cnsranch
09-18-2009, 11:59 AM
The attached took me 15 seconds to open Snap, capture the image, and save on my desktop as a jpeg.

Taken me longer to post it...

PCW
09-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Jerry,

I just started using MWSnap lately and I like it better than the snipping program I purchased. It works a lot better and it's free.:mrgreen:

roughcut
09-18-2009, 01:52 PM
If you are running Vista click on start ,all programs,accessories, and snipping tool
it will allow you to copy your picture..You can paste it or save it

Can someone show me how to post a picture of this file and how to email it to my client??????????

chebytrk
09-18-2009, 02:06 PM
If you are running Vista click on start ,all programs,accessories, and snipping tool
it will allow you to copy your picture..You can paste it or save it

Cool Beans!

eromran
09-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Cool Beans!

I'll second that thanks alot.

Eagle Hollow
09-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Jerry

Download MWSnap 3 - the link is below.

It is a super easy program to use. You have the ability to draw a rectangle around an area on your desktop - whether it's a picture, mpc, whatever is showing on the desktop.

Once you've drawn the rectangle, you click it, it then shows on the MWSnap program, you can save that as a png, jpeg, etc. It will save on your desktop, simply attach that to your e-mail (I use it all the time for the pics I attach on the Forum.

Try it, you'll like it.

http://download.cnet.com/MWSnap/3000-2072_4-10524229.html

Thanks a milloion, Jerry. It works simply and perfectly

Eagle Hollow
09-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks to you all. If you haven't tried MWSnap, I recommend you download it.

Woodhacker
09-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanx Jerry. I downloaded Mysnap and gave it a try. It does work pretty good. Easier than the way I outlined above too.

Richard