PDA

View Full Version : Some of Michael’s and-

RayTrek
09-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Good day

I Just finished the “Wilderness Duck Shelf” and the Butterfly Box” thought I would share with you how much fun I have doing (Michael’s P.O.M.ths.) Some things are changed because I find it relaxing and fun to design and try different Ideas rolling around the skull.
The shelves on the WDS are a bird design I came up with, the top of the birds head and its wings are the front edge.
I had the fairy and frog lid and did not have a home for it and the B box was just the ticket.
The pan out picks is one wall in the Office/ laundry room connected to the shop and house , there are carvings in every room in the house. I think I am a Carveoholic or just have a passion for wood.
The last pick is being done on one of two cedar slabs I have they were cut from a logger many years ago, I also enjoy drawing adventure – hope you don’t mind if I show it here
I think it would be fun if you folks would also post your POM here, I would love to see your projects.
Ray

chebytrk
09-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Good day

I Just finished the “Wilderness Duck Shelf” and the Butterfly Box” thought I would share with you how much fun I have doing (Michael’s P.O.M.ths.) Some things are changed because I find it relaxing and fun to design and try different Ideas rolling around the skull.
The shelves on the WDS are a bird design I came up with, the top of the birds head and its wings are the front edge.
I had the fairy and frog lid and did not have a home for it and the B box was just the ticket.
The pan out picks is one wall in the Office/ laundry room connected to the shop and house , there are carvings in every room in the house. I think I am a Carveoholic or just have a passion for wood.
The last pick is being done on one of two cedar slabs I have they were cut from a logger many years ago, I also enjoy drawing adventure – hope you don’t mind if I show it here
I think it would be fun if you folks would also post your POM here, I would love to see your projects.
Ray

Truly amazing stuff ! Maybe one day I'll have some talent like you. Really neat to see some finished POMs. Congrats !

SharonB
09-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Ray...beautiful work. I'm going to have to stop and see them on one of our trips to Portland...which we don't do very often. But I want to know how on earth are you able to keep all your carvings? My family takes them almost as they come off the machine. SharonB

geekviking
09-18-2009, 02:23 AM
Awesome stuff! Your ship drawing is very interesting & well done, I'm impressed :). Thanks for sharing the pics, I'm glad I can show the wife that we're not the only ones accumulating some very nice wood treasures... :cool:

geekviking
09-18-2009, 02:25 AM
Where did you get your pattern for the Indian on the horse?

jjack9485
09-18-2009, 05:00 AM
Ray,

Those are great !! Thanks for showing. I am really enjoying Michaels POM's as well.

...Jack

twiceretired
09-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Beautiful work Ray! It’s hard to believe all that is in your home, and not in a museum. It’s very easy to see your passion for wood and the wonderful work that you and the cc/cw produce. All the non believers should take notice.

DocWheeler
09-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Ray,

Thanks for sharing your great works.
Looks like you are going to need an addition to get more wall space.

fwharris
09-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Ray,

Your work is always a joy to look at! Your alternate designs and finishing techniques show your passion and talent in every project.

Thanks for sharing!!!

mtylerfl
09-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Ray,

Outstanding! So much fun to see how you customize the POM's! My jaw is still on the floor. Such great work!

Did you draw that ship yourself? That is wonderful!

GrammaPam
09-18-2009, 11:17 AM
I just have weigh in here on how great your pictures are. I always love your finishing, also.
It does occur to me that your wife must be very patient and busy. No person can be a genius without a support team that makes it possible to pursue their passion. Talent like yours isn't refined overnight or in a minute. My admiration for your gift is equaled by my appreciation for what a wonderful person you live with.
G.P.

Kenm810
09-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Well done Ray!!

Beautiful Display of your Artistry/Talent and what you've done with your Machine. :eek:

Thanks for sharing your Great Photos.

RayTrek
09-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Thank you

SharonB, You are welcome to our humble home any time, we have a guest room if you need, That goes for any of you passing threw the area We are also about 2 miles from the PCT (Pacific Coast Trail) and about 12 miles from Timberline on MT Hood, if you need to send a back pack re stock we will come and drop off or get you for a break from the trail before you pass over to the bridge of the god’s into Washington.
Geekviking, Thanks for the two thumps up, cool. I have two Indian carves in the picture one is called “Buffalo Hunt” and the other is “Indian Hunt Trail” they are in the CW pattern store.
WOW EVERY ONE AND THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS
Would love to see your projects as well, even if the projects are all made from the same patterns no two are alike, Natures wood art, staining or painting give each project its own distinct beauty.

Grandma Pam, you are so write, my wife is wonderful thank you for recognizing that.

Michael, I would like to offer a special thanks to you for the great projects, I understand what a commitment it is to apply the detail you produce, you have taught me much.

The community has some very talented and knowledgeable folks that offer great advice and projects, I choose to show and give some projects time to time in an effort to give thanks for all the great things and people here.
Thank you all very much
Ray, Tip of the day ~ “never stop learning”

Digitalwoodshop
09-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Yes,

I am still picking my jaw up from the floor toooooooo....:-D

Excellent work !!!!

AL

Steven Alford
09-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Awesome work!!
When did you say the yard sale was??

Rickrljones
09-18-2009, 11:22 PM
After reviewing your pictures of projects you've completed, I have to say this is one the best displays I have seen so far on this board. Excellent Work!!! I can see where you will have to relocate the washer and dryer to make room for additional projects.

geekviking
09-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Carve some covers for them! LOL :cool:

waynethornton
09-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Ray your carvings are truly inspiring to me as to what can be done on a CW. I have been using the CW for about 3 months, small projects right now. Please continue to share as to inspire others. May God bless you and your talent.

ChrisAlb
09-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Ray my friend, this is simply an OUTSTANDING display of both your passion and talents for woodworking.

I am simply and always in AWE of your design concepts and finishing talents... http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

It's truly inspirational to see the CW and it's capabilities being fully taken advantage of. Really put a BIG smile on face when I needed one most buddy....http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Thank You!

Wilbur
09-20-2009, 04:05 PM
My what great carvings you have!! Beautiful job on them all.

Dolores