PDA

View Full Version : Mac ? about pattern editor

gsdsj
09-17-2009, 07:21 PM
I've been using the Designer and Pattern Editor for a year and a half, just when I thought I had everything figured out I decided to switch to a Mac. When in pattern editor, using the magic wand tool, it works once and then shuts down the Carvewright software. Any ideas, anyone else have or had this happen, checked the forum, didn't see anything other than the half a board problem in Designer.

Using 1.152

Mac OS 10.5.8
Processor 2.8 ghz
4 gb memory

Also just noticed on update page there is a ver. 1.153, doesn't mention a fix for this.

Thanks in advance, Greg

PCW
09-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Here is the release notes for 1.153.

### (IV) Release Notes ############################

14 Sep 2009 -- Differences between versions 1.153 and 1.152
* Started adding Pattern Editor help files
* Improved Z-stall handling for CarveWright Racing jig
* Fixed "Check Tracking roller" error during backlash measurement
* Fixed projects with only 1/16" cutting bit that did not cut
* Fixed Spline Tool accelerator key ("V") and in Drawing menu
* Fixed bug where Download Scan was disabled (Pattern Editor feature required)
* Fixed text in Registration Wizard to avoid confusion
* Fixed development tools showing up in menus
* Fixed unnecessary "Cannot Cut Through" error

gsdsj
09-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks Dan, downloaded new version, still does it.

PCW
09-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Greg,

Hang in there I'm sure there are several MAC users and one of them will stumble in here soon to help.

I have been having periodic GUI.errors that shut designer down. In my case it is using Vista and pattern editor. It even did it tonight using Version 1.153. Honestly I would hate to be a software engineer because you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.:-D

gsdsj
09-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks Dan, I had the same problem once in awhile using Windows Vista, just now all the time on the Mac. I do know this is the place for answers!!!! Thanks

twiceretired
09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Greg, I’m having the same problem on my MAC book Pro, ver. 10.6, 2.33 GHz core 2 duo, 2GB ram. Hopefully someone at LHR will come up with a solution. I do most of pattern editing on my Vista 64 bit machine, bigger monitor, so it’s not that big of an issue, but an issue none the less

gsdsj
10-17-2009, 10:47 AM
I've been using the Designer and Pattern Editor for a year and a half, just when I thought I had everything figured out I decided to switch to a Mac. When in pattern editor, using the magic wand tool, it works once and then shuts down the Carvewright software. Any ideas, anyone else have or had this happen, checked the forum, didn't see anything other than the half a board problem in Designer.

Using 1.152

Mac OS 10.5.8
Processor 2.8 ghz
4 gb memory

Also just noticed on update page there is a ver. 1.153, doesn't mention a fix for this.

Thanks in advance, Greg

FYI, Just installed Mac software Ver. 10.6.1, the half a board problem that occurred ( on a Mac ) with the only fix being to turn off the auto rendering in Designer now works with Auto Rendering on! Magic Wand in Pattern Editor still causes program to crash. It's a start! Greg