PDA

View Full Version : Blank (sort of) LCD Screen

Northwoods Woodcrafter
09-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi Folks,

I have to assume that I have a power supply problem. I went to turn on the machine today and couldn't see the normal "Project Menu" on the display. After playing with the contrast, I noticed that the upper row of boxes were dark and the lowers ones weren't. That's it. I turn the machine off and the display goes blank, back on and I get the row of black boxes.

I looked around here for something similar to confirm but didn't see much.

I guess I'll be calling service in the morning. If this thing wasn't so damned cool, it would be my new boat anchor... my last chain saw is working pretty well to hold the boat for the time being.

Pete

hogiewan
09-17-2009, 03:58 PM
did you put the card in?

cnsranch
09-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Stupid question -

You did have the card inserted, right?

You're fast, hogieman

Digitalwoodshop
09-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Pete,

This is a classic LCD Display without the card installed properly. The Operating System in on the card, so without the card the machine is mostly brain dead.

Blocks on the upper display and nothing on the lower display.

Don't forget to print out the tips and tricks and attach that to the boat anchor before you toss it.... Well, look over the tips and tricks.... Might find a tip....... They are mostly called "Pilot Error".....

With 37 posts you should be through the Pilot Errors..... Could be a bad power supply or computer if it not the card. Not sure if it could be a flashing card error too with the latest upgrade compatability...?

AL

SAA3840
09-18-2009, 12:15 AM
How old is your machine? Not cut hours but actual age. You might need to replace the flat cable going to the LCD from the computer. Your problem sounds similar, although not exactly like what I expierienced. I replaced the flat cable and the problem went away. Cost me like $5 for the parts and took all of 10 minutes to make up a new one.

liquidguitars
09-18-2009, 12:23 AM
sounds good, also could be a bad card..

LG

Northwoods Woodcrafter
09-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Gentlemen...

I reflashed the firmware on the card and I'm back in business.

Thank for all your help!

Pete