PDA

View Full Version : info on how to ?????

skeeterman
09-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Here is the mpc of what i have, now i would like to know how to cut out just the pattern that i have put in here by miroring a filigree. I have tried to outline the pattern but it shows up as two ptns and will be split when i try to cut out, any info???
thanks steve

PCW
09-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi Steve

Highlight the two patterns then go to Tools/Outline Pattern once it is outlined then go back to CutPath.

Is this what you had in mind?

bjbethke
09-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Here is the mpc of what i have, now i would like to know how to cut out just the pattern that i have put in here by miroring a filigree. I have tried to outline the pattern but it shows up as two ptns and will be split when i try to cut out, any info???
thanks steve

Is this what you are looking for? Just outline the Dish ptn only.

skeeterman
09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
thanks BJB and Dan what you did Dan is what i am trying to do but it is not working for me, It wants to cut each out seperating them, I can only highlight one side at a time to outline
steve

PCW
09-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Try this one. Are you highlighting both of them at the same time in the carving list on the left of the screen? Use the shift key.

Woodhacker
09-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey Skeeterman...if you click on one of the patterns and then hold down the CTRL key and select the other one, they will both be selected. Then you cna put a cut path around both of them. Hope this helps.

Richard

skeeterman
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
That works for what i want, but i would like to be able to do the same thing, how did you do it without seperating it?
steve

AskBud
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM
thanks BJB and Dan what you did Dan is what i am trying to do but it is not working for me, It wants to cut each out seperating them, I can only highlight one side at a time to outline
steve

I take it from your question that you want Both Filagree as one cut-out.
One way is to point to one and click, then hold down CTRL, point to the other one and click. Both should now be highlighted. Next go to OUTLINE and continue the process.

Sometimes it is easier to do the highlighting by using the Carving List.
If it is not displayed, go to VIEW > CARVING LIST.
AskBud

skeeterman
09-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks that was what i was wanting to do, that worked great Bud, Thanks to all
steve

PCW
09-16-2009, 09:17 PM
You have got to love this forum. Where else would you have people lined up 4 or 5 deep just to get a chance to help.