PDA

View Full Version : Portrait

Jossef
09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
I am trying to carve a portrait and I notice that when I carve it, it always cuts an area and the portrait cuts below the main surface of the board. I want to stain a board and have the machine cutout the portrait right at the surface of the board. I know this is a terrible way to explain this. I have included a copy of the .mpc to show how it is cutting now. I guess what I am trying to say is that I want to get rid of the box around the portrait.

Thanks,
Joe

AskBud
09-14-2009, 03:51 PM
I am trying to carve a portrait and I notice that when I carve it, it always cuts an area and the portrait cuts below the main surface of the board. I want to stain a board and have the machine cutout the portrait right at the surface of the board. I know this is a terrible way to explain this. I have included a copy of the .mpc to show how it is cutting now. I guess what I am trying to say is that I want to get rid of the box around the portrait.

Thanks,
Joe

There are many Tutorials, Tips & Tricks, and posts on the subject of Import and Edit.
Here is a 19.6 MB video that will get you started:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Import%20and%20Edit%20an%20Item.zip
AskBud

PCW
09-14-2009, 04:57 PM

Thanks,
Joe

Joe,

Can you post the mpc file?

Jossef
09-14-2009, 05:35 PM
When I try to post the .mpc I get a message that it is too large. Can you tell me how to shrink it.

Thanks

PCW
09-14-2009, 06:26 PM
You can't shrink it but I will send you my email address in a private message so you can forward it and I will see if I can help.

PCW
09-14-2009, 07:10 PM
I just sent the edited file. I made a group of
four rectangles and set them to 0 depth to cover the outside lines.

dbfletcher
09-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Can't you just use one rectangle over the whole pattern and use additive merging (I thought). I'll have to try again myself.. but I was sure this was somehting covered in another post several weeks ago.

Doug Fletcher

PCW
09-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Hi Doug

This was the only way I knew how to do it.:mrgreen: Here is the file (http://forum.carvewright.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15023&d=1219617792) if you want to give it a try. I am always open to ideas to help me learn.

dbfletcher
09-14-2009, 07:38 PM
hmm.. that ptn looks nothning like the one in your attachment?????

PCW
09-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Whoops. Sorry about that.

Lets try it again. Had to upload it to rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/280187097/Jesus1.rar.html).

dbfletcher
09-14-2009, 08:32 PM
ahhhh.. i see now. I different kind of "line" than what i was thinking. So I think you are right. Four rectangles at zero depth is probably the way to go.

The line i was think of is when your whole pattern is a couple of thousands below the top surface. The the one rectangle could be used to bring it back to the top and get rid of the little rectangle from jsut placing the pattern.

Doug Fletcher

PCW
09-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Doug

That's OK as long as it works for Joe. Thanks for looking at it.