PDA

View Full Version : Problems making tabs

hogiewan
09-13-2009, 07:15 AM
I am setting up a few patterns on a board. 2 are one-sided pierced carvings and I can get tabs on them just fine. The other is a 2-sided carving. I Go through the steps and Designer gives no error or warning, but it doesn't show any tabs. The lines are still there, but there is no wood connecting the carving to the rest of the board

Digitalwoodshop
09-13-2009, 09:44 AM
The board will only put tabs on one side of the board as it will only do a cut path on the top of the board. A 2 sided project will cut the back side first and will not let you do a cut path I believe. But you can cut a cut path on the front. You can draw a square and assign a 1/8 bit and full depth on the back but you will not get tabs and will likely break the bit.

$40.00 Please for a new bit.

AL

hogiewan
09-13-2009, 10:10 AM
There is NO cut path, only a pattern that goes all the way through the board.

mtylerfl
09-13-2009, 03:01 PM
There is NO cut path, only a pattern that goes all the way through the board.

Hello,

I'm writing a Tips & Tricks on 2-Sided Carving Techniques (including how to place manual tabs and advice for pattern thicknesses for front/back carves, etc.). Should be ready for distribution next week.

hogiewan
09-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm looking forward to reading that.

I fixed the problem by removing the feather on the backside pattern. It was creating the tabs, but the feather for the back was cutting through them.

I was hoping to carve yesterday or today since this carve will take a long time, so I'll have to wait til next weekend.