PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush Users

jpaluck
09-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Zbrush just released version 3.5..has a lot of new features..very cool. The upgrade is free for registered users.

mtylerfl
09-13-2009, 06:47 AM
Zbrush just released version 3.5..has a lot of new features..very cool. The upgrade is free for registered users.

Hello John,

I got my 3.5 update email from Pixologic two days ago. Downloaded it (and ordered the backup CD as well).

Had an issue with starting up the program after unzipping the files, but there was a simple fix. They included a C++ "fix" in the Troubleshoot Help directory along with the Z-Brush 3.5 files. Ran it, and then the program started just fine after that.

We're going to have to get used to the new Z-Spheres and it has an overall different "feel", but looks like it's going to be fun!

Did you notice there is an STL plug-in for Z-Brush? (not part of 3.5, but a separate download from Z-Brush Central) I haven't tried it yet, but that may come in handy.

(Anxiously awaiting version 4 with the GO-Z feature.)

Digitalwoodshop
09-13-2009, 09:51 AM
This sounds like something I need to be lookikng into....

AL

jpaluck
09-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Michael

I was up way too late last night playing with the new zshperes...very very fun. I think I can now get into modelling with zspheres. Did you check out the new brushes planar in particular and all the new "line" Brushes and the noise brush?...Vey cool. GoZ is actually out for maya cin4d and I beleive Max and mabey one other. I am also dying for z4..the lightbox thats suppose to be in 4 looks awsome.

mtylerfl
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Michael

I was up way too late last night playing with the new zshperes...very very fun. I think I can now get into modelling with zspheres. Did you check out the new brushes planar in particular and all the new "line" Brushes and the noise brush?...Vey cool. GoZ is actually out for maya cin4d and I beleive Max and mabey one other. I am also dying for z4..the lightbox thats suppose to be in 4 looks awsome.

Only played about 1/2 hour. Goofed around with the Planar brushes (and some other new ones), but didn't really get a grasp of how to use them properly in that short period of time. I want to play some more, but have deadlines to get out of the way first!

TIMCOSBY
09-15-2009, 09:47 PM
have a family member that is an educator or are a student you can get zbrush for about $370.