PDA

View Full Version : This may be a dumb question

van
09-12-2009, 01:13 PM
I've been reading this forum for the last couple years. I've noticed people talking about ordering parts for their machines, but I haven't noticed if there's an online parts store for the machines. It may be here, but I haven't noticed it. If someone could help me out finding the parts store it would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Steve

van
09-12-2009, 01:45 PM
So far the online parts store is just a pipe dream...but if and when it ever becomes a reality I'm sure LHR will let everyone know. It would make life a lot easier ordering parts online considering their 800# is no longer available !!. ( must have been cutting into profits )

I never heard of such a thing, a company that large with thousands
of machines sold to be so backwards. There are thousands of us out
there that need to order parts and we have to do it by phone, that is
just plain stupid.

Steve

PCW
09-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Steve,

They announced this in 7/09 and hopefully will become a reality soon.

Quote (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11994) >

Finally, we will be making more parts readily available to customers through the on-line store. Many of you are able to diagnosis and repair your machines without our technical support and many are unable to communicate with us during our scheduled support hours. By adding these additional parts to the on-line store, we hope to expedite repairs or maintenance on your machines. Generally, parts ordered on-line are shipped out the following business day.

We, as you, have experienced the consequences of the current economic downturn and are trying to do more with less. In a strong growth economy, these situations are called growing pains. We are treating the current situation as a maturing process. We continue working at providing the highest quality of customer service and appreciate your patience and feedback.

Steven Alford
09-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I am rather shocked they did not do an on-line parts catalog from the start, they did it with patterns! And the way they like to make money from the replacement of faulty parts, i.e. the QC, it would only make sense to sell the parts faster with on-line. But then again, if they don't answer their phone, what makes us think they will check their email for an order?? I am all for the on-line thing and can't wait to see it. Just hope my order does not end up in Saudi Arabia!;)

Tom75
09-12-2009, 09:13 PM
may be one of the staff members can tell us why the 800# no longer works ? please do not take this as a complaint , bitch or gripe just more of curiosity . to quote King of the hill ." curiosity kills the cat dale"

James RS
09-13-2009, 07:41 AM
I'd like to know why you can't get bits and some of the basics at the places that sell the machine?

AskBud
09-13-2009, 08:06 AM
I'd like to know why you can't get bits and some of the basics at the places that sell the machine?

I would say the it is the factor of "Supply and Demand". With the current economy situation, you see lots of places cutting back on "Shelf stock" and ordering your needs as they arise.
AskBud

henry1
09-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Have agree with you Bud but the fact remain ,,thier call center :rolleyes:and thier shipping ..Let me tell you a story about thier shipping , I ship my Z truck back to them from NY state by USPS Express post in 3 day they got it,, and they ship my part to me from texas and it took 7 days UPS go figure I did ask them to ship USPS and they said UPS is the way they ship ,,I can't figure these people out and they are trying to save money :confused:

Wilbur
09-13-2009, 09:09 AM
I have done a lot of shipping and I have found that 5 lb and under it is cheaper to ship Priority Mail and it takes a max of three days to go across the US And UPS is the same time but cost more.
USPS cost a little more but it does take longer to move the same distance.
On the USPS the cost is of very little difference. than Priority.
You can track UPS much better and it does carry a free Ins of 100.00.

For me the Priority Mail under 5 lb is a much better deal. But who knows what kind of a deal LHR has with the shipping services.

Wilbur

PCW
09-13-2009, 09:18 AM
I feel that any business that sells the CW machine should have to at the very least stock consumable parts such as belts and bits. It is a shame that people have to order these items.

The key to keeping LHR parts department off your back is replacing the quick chuck with the rock chuck. In over 160 hours of carving with the rock and a dust collector I have not had one breakdown.

Time for LHR to put their pride aside and do what is best for the customers and the future of the company. JMO

henry1
09-13-2009, 10:40 AM
I feel that any business that sells the CW machine should have to at the very least stock consumable parts such as belts and bits. It is a shame that people have to order these items.

The key to keeping LHR parts department off your back is replacing the quick chuck with the rock chuck. In over 160 hours of carving with the rock and a dust collector I have not had one breakdown.

Time for LHR to put their pride aside and do what is best for the customers and the future of the company. JMO

Its time they do better for the consumer::: some of us patient get low some time:rolleyes:

hess
09-13-2009, 10:31 PM
I found woodcraft has had but bits in stock. they dont keep a lot but when I need them they had them