PDA

View Full Version : carvewright to sell software to the gcode world

cabnet636
09-12-2009, 05:34 AM
shopbot is announcing that they are going to utilize the carvewright software on a new machine, i love my carvewright but it would not handle many commercial applications so i have larger gcode cnc machines, will we be able to purchase software or is carvewright going to build a new machine? i have always wanted carvewright to buld a 25" wide machine!!!

http://www.shopbottools.com/development_project.htm

Ken Massingale
09-12-2009, 06:11 AM
I can't answer your question but I'm impressed that they are asking for input from users instead of just making the machine and forcing the results on the customers.

BTW, where in S.C. are you?

Billions
09-12-2009, 06:18 AM
That sounds interesting... It's not exactly an official announcement though, but rather mentioning "exploratory conversations with Carvewright" about the Designer software. My interest isn't in a larger carving bed like cabnet636 wants, but rather, an even more robust CarveWright device for around 2500-4000 dollars.

Maybe some exciting news is coming up. I would love to see compatibility with larger ShopBot devices, as I know a shop that uses a ShopBot, and I could essentially work out all the kinks here at home, then go to them for larger runs without the stress of keeping my machines healthy during long arduous carves.

What I'm talking about probably isn't very likely, but it would be a nice dream to come true.

cabnet636
09-12-2009, 06:46 AM
ken i am in columbia, i have long felt that licensing the software was worth way more than the machine, but i have learned a lot more about machines since i got started in 07, now my hope would be for carvewright to just build a bigger and more robust machine.

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

eromran
09-12-2009, 01:48 PM
shopbot is announcing that they are going to utilize the carvewright software on a new machine, i love my carvewright but it would not handle many commercial applications so i have larger gcode cnc machines, will we be able to purchase software or is carvewright going to build a new machine? i have always wanted carvewright to buld a 25" wide machine!!!

http://www.shopbottools.com/development_project.htm

Does anybody know how old or new this link is. How long have they been looking in to this?

Steven Alford
09-12-2009, 08:21 PM
The page information on that website has this date....

Modified: Friday, September 11, 2009 12:58:24 PM

SteveEJ
04-23-2010, 10:50 PM
I for one would LOVE for the CW Designer software to have the ability to output GCode through Selectable Post Processors. I am looking at Aspire now for my Legacy CNC. I already have VCarve Pro and it is good but Aspire is SO much better and SOOOO expensive! Also, using one software package for all my machines would be great!