PDA

View Full Version : carvewright software

bobreda
04-22-2006, 05:10 PM
I recently downloaded the trial software and was wondering if this is the software that is used or if this sofware is sorta waterdowned for the trial. I guess I was wondering if there are more items in the files or not. Alos, I was wondering if I was going to do a job for someone, if there was a way to take the rendering to a different format other than mpc and be able to show the customer a rendering of what I was planning to do. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Dan-Woodman
04-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey Bob
I 'm not sure about the trial software question ,but I do know after you design your project you can print a b&w photo of it .

bobreda
04-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks Dan,
I have no probem getting other type of files into the proogram, just getting them out to another format is confusing to me :lol: I was just wondering if the software other than the trial version has a way to do this.

Bob

Dan-Woodman
04-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Bob
Are you talking about getting the carvewright project into another file?
If so just go to file and click save and follow directions. I 've never had the trial version of the software so I don't know. later Daniel

bobreda
04-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Dan,

In the trial version I can onlly save it as a mpc type file. I was hoping I could save it as a jpeg or gif so I could show a customer what it would look like. But whether I use save or save as-it only allows mpc. I was wondering if this is just a product of the trial version.

Bob

RobertP
04-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Bob, you can show your customer the design by hitting the print screen button when you have your CW software up, and open paint or Photoshop and hit paste, the whole image will come up, you can crop the edges that show the toolbars if you want a clean picture.

bobreda
04-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks Robert,

it worked like a charm. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the carvewright machine, seems just like it could come in real handy in the shop.

RobertP
04-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Good deal Bob! You will love this machine, it has taken my designs to another level and has paid itself off very quickly. :)

BobHill
09-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Depending upon what software you have on your computer, there is a way to make the screen into a JPG for others to see. And to make it even more visible, if you have it, programs such as Adobe PhotoShop can make it look a bit better.

Open Designer and with your work piece open click the ALT key plus PrtScn key (PC only .. I don't run Mac) and then either in WORD or your raster imaging program (Photoshop) open a new document and Control V. It'll copy the screen to that document (screen res). Do the same to an isometric view, etc. You can do this in the Trial version or final version of Designer.

There are many other Screen Capture programs available that'll do more than the basic screen captures, but Print Screen is on all PCs (right above your "home" key). If you have programs such as "Snagit" ( http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp ) or Faststone Capture ( http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm ). Faststone, bye the way is free .

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida