PDA

View Full Version : Rock Chuck

al2888dj
09-09-2009, 07:40 AM
can the Rock be removed all together tryed to change 1/4 to 1/2 chuck it is stuck no lock tight on it ????????

AskBud
09-09-2009, 08:18 AM
can the Rock be removed all together ????????

I think we need more of your thoughts, in your question, before anyone can give you a definitive answer.
AskBud

al2888dj
09-09-2009, 08:34 AM
trying to change the 1/4 chuck to the 1/2 no lock tight it is stuck ?????dont want to screw anything up ,wonder if you can take it out all at once thanks alex

PCW
09-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Alex,

If you have the 1/2 Rock and wanting to just change the adapters all you have to do is loosen the hex screw and pull the adapter down and out.

May want to try squeezing the adapter as you pull down to release some pressure.

al2888dj
09-09-2009, 09:17 AM
trying to remove the 1/4 chuck to install 1/2 chuck can the Rock be removed all together it is stuck no lock tight on it ???????? used the 2 wrench from Ron no go,thanks

PCW
09-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Alex,

If you have the 1/2 Rock installed the top collar and the adapter break loose with the 2 flat wrenches. Make sure you are not tightening it rather than loosening the connection.

Try this link there is some good information there and view the videos at the bottom of Ron's signature (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7ueGa1u_U).

http://www.carvespot.com/forum/read.php?3,440

al2888dj
09-09-2009, 11:28 AM
ok thanks alex

al2888dj
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
just had a little rust around it little wd 40 did the trick/ thanks alex

Digitalwoodshop
09-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Looks like I need another Rock too..... For machine #4.......:p:p:p:p

One found me.... Need to get the money together....

AL

Steven Alford
09-09-2009, 08:18 PM
4 machines!!!
You have four machines??
Greedy, greedy, greedy!!!:rolleyes:

dbfletcher
09-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I just added my second one a month ago or so. I have em sitting real close together... one carvewright, one craftsman. I'm hoping at night when I'm not looking, they will work on making me some little carvewrights.

At least based on my recollection of that birds and bees stuff my parents told me.. it should work. Oh wait.. i seem to recall it had something to do with laying beside each other in bathing suits too.... not sure where i can get thoses for the lhr machines.

Doug Fletcher

mtylerfl
09-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Looks like I need another Rock too..... For machine #4.......:p:p:p:p

One found me.... Need to get the money together....

AL

A true Carvaholic!

CABINET MAN
09-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I just received a new mech. from sears becouse they could not repair the one I sent for in for repair. I used itfor first time with the rock and "o" what a change, this is great,unbelivable. This is going to be FUN. Everyone should try the rock just one time.

Digitalwoodshop
09-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I had shall we say a GREAT Weekend.... I have 3 weeks of cutting..... plus Fire Tags.... Soon when I get organized in the shop I will run 2 machines for wood with #4 for Plastic.

Just opened a new Dot Com Business last night...... It will be part of the main business but a easy Dot Com address... It's not active yet but I paid for 5 years and next need to setup the website with Yahoo like my other 2. www.Ski-ID.com (http://www.Ski-ID.com) I will make fancy stick on Name Tags for Ski's and Snow Boards. My Brother worked at the local Ski Rental Office for 8 years and gave me the idea... Same Equipment, Same Material.... Using the CW, Laser, Vinyl Cutter, Epoxy and more. When the Sign and Tourist business is down in the winter I will be going full blast with Ski Tags...

Old Machine #3 still needs some TLC to get running.... My humidity and Ike's Redwood dust = Red Cement....

Back to work....

AL

rjustice
09-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Dan, thanks for helping Alex out while i was "out of civilization". Thanks for the PM Bud! I couldn't get cell, or any form of internet access... sorry Alex!.. Just got back from our 27th wedding anniversary trip... stayed in a very secluded cabin in Hocking Hills, Ohio... gorgeous scenery!

Happy Carving Guys!

Good luck with #4 AL !!

Ron

Digitalwoodshop
09-11-2009, 06:43 PM
WOW 27 Years.... GREAT !!!!:)

I will get my order in for a 2 Rocks, a 1/2 and 1/4 inch soon.

They work GREAT !!!!!

AL

PCW
09-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Ron,

Congratulations to you and Lori (if I remember right) on 27th wedding anniversary.

I'm sure you where in need of a some get away time from the shop due to the success of the Rock chuck.:mrgreen:

Steven Alford
09-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Are you kidding?, I'm sure it was the Rock Chuck that paid for the trip!! ;):D

jpaluck
09-11-2009, 07:21 PM
AH Now I know why my Rock doesnt ship till the 15th..Congrads Ron

rjustice
09-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Ron,

Congratulations to you and Lori (if I remember right) on 27th wedding anniversary.

I'm sure you where in need of a some get away time from the shop due to the success of the Rock chuck.:mrgreen:

Thanks Dan... Yep it is Lori... And yes, it was nice to be away... If you look at the package i just sent to you i mailed it from Rockbridge, Ohio... this is about 15 miles from where we were staying in Hocking Hills.... I wasnt able to get it mailed before we left, so being the commited guy i am, i got up early the next morning and shipped it out!....

Let me know if you need anything else!

Happy Carving,

Ron

rjustice
09-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Are you kidding?, I'm sure it was the Rock Chuck that paid for the trip!! ;):D

It definitely helped Steve!

Happy Carving,

Ron

rjustice
09-11-2009, 08:37 PM
AH Now I know why my Rock doesnt ship till the 15th..Congrads Ron