PDA

View Full Version : Will not carve file size

Tom Huhn
09-05-2009, 08:24 PM
I am a new carvewright user and am having trouble with a project. I have a project with 3 objects of different sizes on 1 board and when I try to carve the project it makes the objects smaller than the dimensions on the file. The board is the right size and when setting up the machine to carve the project I set it to not scale to fit board but it cuts it smaller anyway. One other thing, I am in Salt Lake City Utah and am a blind woodworker and if ther is any one in my area that is a Carvewright user and would be willing to help a new user let me know. Thanks Tom

SAA3840
09-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Howdy Tom, in order to figure out what's going on, we need to see what you loaded onto the memory card. Can you post a copy of the mpc. here on the forum?

Jeff_Birt
09-06-2009, 09:18 AM
I would bet that your using a 'real' board that is exactly as long as the 'virtual' board in Designer. Then when you load it you are telling the machine to 'Keep under rollers' so it has to scale down the carving to fit.

Go to: http://carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks, and read through all the issues of Tips&Tricks. Doing so will help you avoid many of the common 'newbie' mistakes like this.

mtylerfl
09-07-2009, 02:50 PM
I am a new carvewright user and am having trouble with a project. I have a project with 3 objects of different sizes on 1 board and when I try to carve the project it makes the objects smaller than the dimensions on the file. The board is the right size and when setting up the machine to carve the project I set it to not scale to fit board but it cuts it smaller anyway. One other thing, I am in Salt Lake City Utah and am a blind woodworker and if ther is any one in my area that is a Carvewright user and would be willing to help a new user let me know. Thanks Tom

Hello Tom,

Specifically read the following article and you'll never have that problem again!

ISSUE 18 March 2009 – Scaling and How to Avoid It! (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Mar09.pdf)

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.