PDA

View Full Version : Patterns Questions

ddouglass
09-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I have looked everywhere in the software manual and can find no way to add patterns that I have downloaded from the Pattern Sharing Depot and other locations for free or pay patterns. Can someone explain how these patterns should be added to the Pattern Tool listing?
I also tried to open the Favorites MPN file to look at it and it jumps to trying to register it. :roll: I know that those collections purchased online have to be registered, but don't understand why it wants to do my own personally created patterns?
My personal opinion as a computer tech (retired) is that the manual for the software leaves a lot to be desired.:( Many of the Menu entries have no detailed information for them and very little help on when they can be used.

PCW
09-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi,

Just right click on the favorites folder in the pattern tool list and click on import.

Kenm810
09-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Most of the time I just use Import from the Favorites drop down menu,
to load a pattern file to to my Favorites list.

(Pretty Quick there Dan) :wink:

ddouglass
09-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys. I guess that means import one at a time instead of as a batch, oh well.

cestout
09-04-2009, 01:01 PM
I would be reluctant to "batch" download patterns anyway. Many of the free patterns don't look like what you expected and your don't really want them, and some need to be inverted, or lowered or something. I have many high quality free patterns, and have declined many OK or marginal quality patterns.
Clint