PDA

View Full Version : More Problems

vintagecop
09-01-2009, 08:29 PM
The machines head is locked in the up position and will not crank up or down.
I just got back on the machine after a period away. I've been through the door sensor problem repeatedly, back roller sticking repeatedly, and other problems like breaking about a half dozen bits.

Seems like I work on the machine more than carve. Are some of us cursed.

I've had this machine just about a year now. Getting discouraged.

But still want info on the stuck head.

Thanks

jab73180
09-01-2009, 08:35 PM
the stuck head is covered in the manual. there is a hole in one of the screws that you stick a allen wrench or something small like that into and turn, i beleive there is a arrow showing the direction inside the machine.

henry1
09-01-2009, 08:40 PM
The machines head is locked in the up position and will not crank up or down.
I just got back on the machine after a period away. I've been through the door sensor problem repeatedly, back roller sticking repeatedly, and other problems like breaking about a half dozen bits.

Seems like I work on the machine more than carve. Are some of us cursed.

I've had this machine just about a year now. Getting discouraged.

But still want info on the stuck head.

Thanks

Your head is not level ,check were they slide up and down on both side that could be your problem one side lower than the other side

vintagecop
09-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks to the responders
I saw the part about the machine being level but not about the hole in the screw. I will try that first as the other seems more complex,
Thanks Jim

Kenm810
09-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Cranking the head beyond its highest useable height can result in it locking in a position where the head crank cannot lower it.
Releasing from this locked position it is very easy.
The threaded head screw needs to be manually turned and can be accessed from the inside of the machine.
On this head screw, just above the traction belts, is a hole into which an Allen wrench or similar tool can be inserted.
Using the Allen wrench as leverage, turn the head screw a clockwise direction to unlock it.

Digitalwoodshop
09-02-2009, 09:48 AM
LHR is SNEAKY about that....

AL:rolleyes:

Edit:... OK... Coffee..... Good.....:)

DocWheeler
09-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Al,

Take a deep breath - it will be alright!

Digitalwoodshop
09-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Yes, I went back and edited that.... Ooooops.....

Coffee..... That will fix me..... Cutting and painting signs until Midnight.... 2 Big Shows this weekend and now two orders totaling $1200.00 in Fire Tags to do next week.... Busy around here....

Deep Breath..... OK... Machine stopped next door.... Off to change the bit...:mrgreen:

AL

vintagecop
09-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks
You must have heard about me. I learn a lot more from pictures than all those words.

Jim

vintagecop
09-02-2009, 08:06 PM
I looked at my owners manual again. I have two. The original that came with the machine. That page is not in it. It end at page 45 and its not the same.
The second manual I have I down loaded off the computer. None of the graphics print well. All the light portions fail to print. I will see if they will send me a proper manual.

Thanks very much. Jim

Steven Alford
09-02-2009, 09:18 PM
If you don't mind wasting the printer ink, you have to set your printer to a higher quality in order to see those pictures.