PDA

View Full Version : Ptn file location

Johnny49
09-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi hate to have to ask but I'm getting frustrated that I can't find the answer myself.

When starting a new project or editing a older one I can access the saved patterns in the software fine. However if I go to the pattern editor then to open where are the files located? I've searched by name, extention, but I can't find them on my hard drive. I've searched through explorer in the program files and everywhere I can think of. They are not to be found.

Please if anyone understands what I'm saying please help me.

Johnny

eromran
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi hate to have to ask but I'm getting frustrated that I can't find the answer myself.

When starting a new project or editing a older one I can access the saved patterns in the software fine. However if I go to the pattern editor then to open where are the files located? I've searched by name, extention, but I can't find them on my hard drive. I've searched through explorer in the program files and everywhere I can think of. They are not to be found.

Please if anyone understands what I'm saying please help me.

JohnnyIt would all depend on where you were saving them to but since you don't know you might try make a simple pattern to save even if its just a square go to save it and pay attention to where it tries to save it for you that is probably where the rest are. If that does not help let us know for other ways. Also if you use explorer to search put in .ptn and have it search every where and it should show you where your patterns are.

Johnny49
09-02-2009, 08:02 AM
I tried making a pattern and saving it, however it goes to my documents where I've saved all my projects and imported images.

Last night I used explorer to search my entire computer for the patterns that come with the software and couldnt find them.

I just don't understand where the library is hidden. It's making me feel really stupid. I've been working with computers and file management for years...

Someone help this old man before I stroke out from frustration LOL

cnsranch
09-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Patterns are filed as "Favorites"

The path is here for Windows:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\CarveWright

Make sure that when you create a pattern, and go to save it, click "File", "Save Pattern to Library". It'll be saved in your Favorites correctly that way.

PCW
09-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I know in Vista they appear to be all bundled up in one file. My file is located at C:\Users\Dan\CarveWright\favorites.mpn

I could be wrong but I don't recall them being packed like this before Ver 1.152 but they could have been.

gashawk
09-02-2009, 04:09 PM
This may sound like a poor man's way but, click on start, documents then on that page click on desktop, should have a CarveWright icon. Works for me, good luck

maxcarvewright
09-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Hello, I am not one to give advice..but,try delineating the file tree back to the root (-)...(-)...ect, and then rebuild to see all the files(+)...(+)...I am running 1.152 and for some strange reason I can not see all the files that have been saved as STL's.,and some of the icons are black. This might be the same type of problem.I have found that this tree reboot method seems to work. (P.S.) I barely have a grasp on this machine ...but I hope this can help you in some anyway.