PDA

View Full Version : Jagged outline ??

Rick P
09-01-2009, 04:41 PM
I brought some clip art into Designer and did the Outline function. But the cutout line appears to be jagged.

Is there a way to smoothe out the cutout line within Designer ??

Digitalwoodshop
09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Possibly take the Clip Art and first change the Resolution to something like 600 x 600 first to give it some meat.... a 96 x 96 is going to be like zooming in on a .jpg and seeing pixels.

someone else may have a better fix... In the Computer world, Garbage in Garbage out.

AL

William Blankenship
09-02-2009, 09:00 AM
I brought some clip art into Designer and did the Outline function. But the cutout line appears to be jagged.

Is there a way to smoothe out the cutout line within Designer ??

A trick I use sometimes when all else fails is to bring the graphics into a paint program, smooth it (gaussian blur or other) to take out the jagged edge. Sometimes, if the image is really small, you can overlay the untouched original image onto the gaussian blurred original as a 50% transparency or less to recapture some needed details.

A more tedious method is to use a smoothing brush in a paint program and paint around the edges with this brush to smooth out any jaggies.

Hope this helps,
Bill...

hogiewan
09-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Or you can use a dremel after the carve

Rick P
09-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the help. I used Paint.net to solve my jagged lines.

Steven Alford
09-02-2009, 10:59 PM
And what exactly did you do in Paint?
Just in case someone else has the same problem and would like to know what you did.

fwharris
09-03-2009, 12:43 AM
And what exactly did you do in Paint?
Just in case someone else has the same problem and would like to know what you did.

Steve,

Read the third post....

Steven Alford
09-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Steve,

Read the third post....

Post three is what William does, not necessarily what Rick did. But anyway it does not matter. Just glad to hear your problem was solved.